GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Beginner’s Guide / Tips for Buying a Street-Based Suspension

The upgraded swaybars reduce comfort. The DG springs reduce comfort. Full stock suspension and 17in wheels with 225/45 tires will give you best comfort.
  2. G

Cars and Bids, BAT, etc.

Wierd, auction bidding is abnormal looks fishy to me. First bid is 30K, then next bid goes to 75K, then the 77,777. I have doubts that the auction will result in a sale. There has been a new interest in this vehicle and they are going for good prices considering their age. Its hard not to like...
  3. G

MK7 GTI for dual-use Track/Daily vs BRZ

Well if you come to a VW enthusiast forum and ask VW or Subaru.. we all better stick up for VW. However, you are saying he may put in about 8 hours of track driving a year and the rest of the time using it to get around town, haul stuff and friends. Considering how little track use it is going...
  4. G

Flat Rock Motorsports

F1 would be out of their league. Location won't support 400K people in a weekend and that crowd doesn't want to stay at 2 star hotels, you have to have top of the line hotels. I doubt the fledgling operation would have the 100-250 million necesary to even bid on one of these events. Plenty of...
  5. G

Flat Rock Motorsports

Should be cool when it opens some day.
  6. G

Cars and Bids, BAT, etc.

l just want a ride in that one. Wow.
  7. G

Cars and Bids, BAT, etc.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2012-brunton-stalker/
  8. G

SOLD SOLD SOLD: '15 GTI SE PP 2-Door Manual w/LP and DAP 44k miles

Looks like a nice, not messed with low mileage fun car for some lucky new owner.
  9. G

SOLD SOLD SOLD: '15 GTI SE PP 2-Door Manual w/LP and DAP 44k miles

Did I miss price in your post?
  10. G

Cars and Bids, BAT, etc.

Retro cool but too slow
  11. G

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Do you have customers who have done this? And do you have a set of mods that would get you there, including a tune?
  12. G

Rear brake upgrade MK7 GTI

For looks mostly, fronts do all the work. When you hit the brakes all the weight shifts forward. I did a brembo upgrade front and rear on my MKV which was a track car. Few choices for rear. Folks do it but have not seen an aftermarket rear caliper that includes a parking brake except HPA. Often...
  13. G

Questions about upcoming SMOG check

They try to do that but not a huge deal. Neuspeed sent me out a newer sticker going back in today. Follow-up - Went back in with my new updated Neuspeed sticker and passed. They had to do a complete tests again. Still never detected a tune. So at least so far it does not seem that they have a...
  14. G

Feeler/Interest Check: 2016 Titan Grey GTI Autobahn, DSG, 67k miles, Blown Motor -SoCal

I had same thing happen with one of my cars. Ordered my plugs (NGK) off of Amazon only to find out later vendors on Amazon were selling counterfeit plugs. Two of us had same issue with plug melting into motor. Mine was a freshly built motor. Feel for you.
  15. G

Well I went to smog my car today (Calif). I am running APR stage 1, they did not mention anything regarding a tune and did not ask for a CARB #. However, I run a Neuspeed intake and they did ask for the CARB sticker. I proudly produced it. And after a bit they came back and said the number was...
  16. G

Desktop computer gremlins

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-livekernelevent-141/
  17. G

I am going in with a Neuspeed intake and APR stage 1 tune. I have EO numbers for both. Going to my usual smog station which happens to be STAR rated. I will show EO on intake but I want to see if they spot the APR tune. Will report results later today. (SoCal) Darn shop not open again until...
  18. G

In California they have regular and STAR smog stations. However it is not clear to me that there is any difference in what and how they test. I have a smog shop I have been going to for last 20 years. It happens to be a STAR shop. STAR is some sort of higher certification from CARB I think...