GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Beginner’s Guide / Tips for Buying a Street-Based Suspension

Shocks and such, for mk7, and my conditions, pot holes, speed bumps, washboard sand/dirt roads, dusty conditions. Car is 6 years old 50k miles. Would like less jarring ride. budget is about USD$800 ideally for materials. moved to 15 inch rims last year 215 60 r15 huge difference from the 17...
  2. B

Larger tires

Thanks for the heads up, It appears they are now, anyone have any experience with them? https://www.nokiantyres.com/tyres/by-tire-size/summer-tires/225-50-17/
  3. B

CarrGenie: Redefined Wireless Carplay & Android Auto Adapter

thanks for the details. two questions for you, 1, Will my xm radio still operate 2, and second do I need to install anything to make it work, i tried direct plug in of my android phone and had to download the VW app, but the vw app would not work beause it sent me to usa VW and I...
  4. B

CarrGenie: Redefined Wireless Carplay & Android Auto Adapter

I found this on kickstarter, will this work/solve some of the issues in the MK7 I recently bought my 2016 and find the maps and system a bit lacking, glanced into upgrading the maps and say it will be a bit of effort, . I think this could solve some my main issues, but at the same time...
  5. B

Has anyone tinted their sunroof and had it crack?

thank you so much for the testimonial...
  6. B

In a different direction to cut the heat inside the car till I get some 98% high rejection IR clear as I can find I have done the following. Note I put a cover on the car when I park in direct sunlight. And in general only park in shade. Since I bought my 2016 golf Sportwagon, i...
  7. B

since you have had this on for a while, can you give us an update as to if you noticed a temp differnce. Thanks
  8. B

Sunroof 'exploded' today on 2016 GTI. That was fun.

I am new to my 2016, just a few months. I noticed the amount of heat radiating from the sunroof. So, I applied a amateur layer of house window slightly reflective film to it. It did drop the temp so I ordered a more costly 98% rejecting film. I ordered the (clearest) highest visibility...
  9. B

Recommendation for headlight protection

Is this the weathertech you guys are referring to? does not appear to be a 3M filmat that thickness. https://www.idparts.com/weathertech-lampgard-fog-light-guard-mk7-golf-lg1106-p-12017.html Weathertech LampGard & Fog Light Guard (Mk7 Golf) Protect your expensive headlamps, before it is...
  10. B

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

on the side opposite of the PCB where the copper fingers are, opposite to the copper fingers as it looks like you did a good job cleaning those. do you own an ohm meter to measure resistance for the opposite side?. On each side of the round area that makes contact can you tell me the...
  11. B

thank you so much for your literally and figuratively detailed "clear" testimony. I did not think I would get that good of historical information. I will go to film and I noticed some companies allow you to buy low cost insurance if you do mess up, I hope it was the 3M ones. Ya my...
  12. B

Correct, Ya the jury is out on that for sure. "I believe" the sanding may be for removing the yellowing. Some of the others i listed do not come with sandpaper and you apply yearly which is fine for me. I am personally not a fan of films, as I have done my trucks windows myself...
  13. B

I read through the 2k clear coats and am not "clear" about them. I am not sure if they are saying their coating will not degrade from UV or they protect the plastic also from more UV damage. The products I have found now specifying UV filtering expanding on the trusted name brand Meguiars...
  14. B

I could not find other threads on headlight "protection" my protection I am looking for is polishes to prevent the yellowing of the plastic. I am not that interested in the films. I have this interest because I own 2 MK4s and got tired of trying various remover/restorer and polishes with...
  15. B

trailer hitch questions

if no-one chimes in order from amazon and if it does not work I think we have 30 days to return it.
  16. B

trailer hitch questions

ya that european OEM one as noted in the video is rated at depending on the incline from 1500 kg-1700 kg towing gross weight on a 1.5 liter gasser engine. This hauling capaity is met with the aftermarket stealth one I linked above, that is the highest price with all bells and whistles from...
  17. B

trailer hitch questions

in the first post also added the wiring harness that claims no splicing or crimping, sold by partsgeek.com so also wondering if there is a sticky thread with vendors like them and others like rockauto for parts. I never ran into partsgeek before for my MK4s...
  18. B

trailer hitch questions

nope missed that one searched only "trailer hitch" in subject. Thanks much for that link, I think with those chiming in saying they liked the low cost will go with a low cost one initially for the ease of installation. I added a youtube link to that OEM version only allowed/available in...
  19. B

trailer hitch questions

I am looking into putting a trailer hitch on my 2016 tdi variant (sportswagon) SEL, I have a class 1 cheap hitch on one of my MK4 diesels that works great for me. I may just go with the cheapy because the trailer I tow is a trailer I bought and still tow with a motorcycle in 1978 (motorcycle...
  20. B

MIB2 STD - PLUG AND PLAY

I have not purchased from OP, but when I purchase from even ebay or Amazon sources I look at the ratings, and if no ratings I only use paypal if I can the product in the required time paypal well refund the money for non-arrival. I have had to have paypal refund one item that was a custom...