GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Gti Full Suspension Build - Looking for Advice

I took your advice on the knuckles and am forgoing them for the time being. Maybe after I do everything else I might change those to lose a couple grams of unsprung mass which should convert to what, 100-150lbs of sprung mass? But yeah, those aren't going on any time soon. As for your...
  2. S

I was hoping someone running Verkline parts would post on the thread, so thanks. I just went to your channel on YouTube and realized I had seen your Verkline unboxing video a couple of months ago. Any chance of making a review video with your impressions? I personally would love to watch...
  3. S

Wheels/tires/brakes are 100% on the list, I just wanted to keep this discussion more focused. I agree with you, power beyond stage 1 is last on the list.
  4. S

Can you elaborate on your experiences a little? What kinda joints, sealed or unsealed, PTFE lined or greased, etc.?
  5. S

No plans to track competitively. These mods are almost entirely to make the driving experience more engaging/feelsome/precise as possible just for my enjoyment. I tend to agree with you regarding the chassis bracing. The reviews are generally good and make the products seem really attractive...
  6. S

Regarding the control-arms-for-camber point, I am looking for about 2 degrees of front camber to start, seeing as the wheel will deflect less with spherical bearings and will therefore need less static camber to compensate. Given all of that, would there be a significant difference in wheel...
  7. S

So the OEM dogbone is adequately resilient to handle the extra load placed on it from the stiffer mounts (in the sense that the dogbone might become a comparatively weaker link when compared to an OEM setup)? 100k miles speaks for itself I suppose. The Verkline front subframe comes with a...
  8. S

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting after years of lurking on both this and the mk5 forums. My first car was a mk5, and since then I’ve been very much a fan of the Gti, which is why I bought a new one in 2019. After thinking through fantasy build after fantasy build, the time has...