GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

Lane Assist / TSR / HBA coding

I recently installed the front camera and I have a few questions about it: Have I understood correctly that in order to have fully functional traffic sign recognition you need to have a navigation unit installed? Because now I get "Traffic sign recognition: currently restricted" notification on...
  2. R

Retrofit: Lane Assist MK7 VCDS help

What did you do to get it working?
  3. R

Lane assist camera retrofit positive terminal location?

After reading a dozen pages from this thread and looking at the harness more closely it seems like the terminal that's on there already is meant for fuses and supposed to be inserted into the fusebox. Since there's already a parking assist on that fuse and I think I'll just tap into that fuse...
  4. R

Lane assist camera retrofit positive terminal location?

I'm aware that the positive wire for lane assist is supposed to go to fuse 32 which is controller by terminal 15. However my fuse 32 is already populated and it seems to be quite difficult to access the back side of the fuse panel where I could add the wire. Are there any good alternatives where...
  5. R

Intermittent brake servo failure with 40 different fault codes at the same time

I have 2014 Golf Variant with 1.4 TSI and 7-speed DSG. Recently I've been having this brake servo failure issue that comes randomly. First it started appearing when cold starting with or without Webasto pre heating. The symptoms were that the car wouldn't start and then brake servo failure...
  6. R

Anyone got experience with aftermarket android head units?

Hi, I currently have MIB1 radio in my car and I am looking to possibly upgrading it to MIB2 or maybe aftermarket Android radio? Does anyone have any experience with the android radios? Is the sound quality as good as MIB1, are they worth the upgrade and are the some brands to avoid or brands to...
  7. R

Lane assist retrofitting parts

Hi, I'm planning to replace the windshield on my MK7 Golf Variant because it's got some rock hits and I figured that I could retrofit a front camera at the same time. I also thought that before trying retrofit ACC which apparently might be really hard and expensive I might try adding front...
  8. R

Does any MIB2 module support the display that came with MIB1?

Thanks for the reply. I just noticed that the trim is not as expensive as I tought (20€ instead of >100€) so replacing it if needed wouldn't be problem after all. Do you know if I can use the same wiring harness between the module and screen with newer MIB2 system or is it different? Edit: It...
  9. R

Does any MIB2 module support the display that came with MIB1?

Hi, I'm thinking about retrofitting MIB2 because of appconnect and backup camera support. Is there any chance that the original MIB1 display supports new MIB2 module? Or is for example the resolution too much? If new display is required, are there any sizes that would fit the original trim so...
  10. R

Question about retrofitting ACC

Thank you for all the info. I think I will first of all try to connect the radar to the car without mounting it anywhere and see if I can even get it working coding wise since the radar I have is apparently extra hard to get working. Then if I can get that to work I will start to look for the...
  11. R

Thank you both for your replies. After some research I found someone saying that if I have park assist (which I do) then I should have the correct bi-directional rear abs sensors. Also, about the front camera, do I need to replace some parts of the mirror? I can change the windshield (I need to...
  12. R

Hi, I am planning to retrofit ACC to my 2014 Golf Variant if it is possible. I found this thread about the subject but I am still not sure if it is possible for me to retrofit ACC. My main questions being: do I have the right ABS system and do I need front facing camera? I have the following...
  13. R

GOLF MK7 (Base model) ACC RETROFIT ! DIY

Hi, I am planning to retrofit ACC to my 2014 Golf Variant if it is possible. So do you know if these parts are compatible? I have the following modules / parts: ABS Brakes: 5Q0 907 379 AA I also have electronic parking brake CAN Gateway High: 5G0 907 530 M MIB1 Radio module: 5G0 035 819 A...
  14. R

Does MIB1 support reverse camera?

Yeah all those features would be very nice to have (Android Auto, bigger display, camera support, (GPS?)) but it's just expensive, or at least the models that I saw on sale were. The glove box unit, display and camera are pretty much 200€ each and adding the GPS antenna and dashboard trim to...
  15. R

Okay, so only possibility for me to get reverse camera installed and working would be replacing the entire radio unit in the glovebox? Or are there any "adapters" that go in between the wiring harness and have some module in them that could make it work or are those meant for some other units? I...
  16. R

Here is a photo of the screen with part number included.
  17. R

It's currently dark outside so I will upload a photo of it as soon as I can tomorrow.
  18. R

Okay, it's just that I wouldn't want to spend ~200€ to a camera before knowing that it is compatible with this specific unit that I have (5G0 035 819 A). But it helps to know that at least some models of MIB1 are compatible with reversing camera and I will have to keep looking for more details...
  19. R

You have MIB1 and reversing camera fitted at factory? I mean I do have an extra reversing camera meant for cars in general (does not fit VW but could be used in testing) and I could try to plug that in to the unit just to see if it works at all but I'm just scared to break anything if my unit...
  20. R

Hi, I have MIB1 infotainment system in my car (5G0 035 819 A) and I was thinking of installing a reverse camera but after a bit of research I am not sure that if this screen that I have supports reverse camera at all? And if it doesn't support it, will any adapter / modules that go between the...