1. kilby

Driver Assistance Sensors

Still have to deactivate every time...
  2. kilby

Hi Rudy, no buttons on the end of the wiper stalk on my '21
  3. kilby

Thanks. They are nervous about changing anything and have told me so. I'm not going to mess with too much as the car has only about 3,000 miles on it and VW Canada is really quick to not help with any warranty problems. There was a person in the dealership last fall with a Golf 1.4 sedan he...
  4. kilby

Not able to permanently shut off and nobody else (dealer) wants the responsibility. 2021 models and, I assume all in the future are going to be "undefeatable" except for each start. The "Nanny state" syndrome is here to stay I'm afraid. If I have the opportunity in the future I will lose...
  5. kilby

Most everybody that I know have disabled the "Lane Assist" portion of their drivers assistance features, it is annoying at the least and and dangerous to a point, any serious driver (and all here should be) would concur. I may have to live with the fact that I have to disable with every startup...
  6. kilby

Anyone else struggle to find a comfortable driving position?

My only changes for comfort in the '19 GLI and '21 GTI was the stick on knee pad where my right knee is in almost constant contact with the hard plastic of the centre stack, makes a big difference on longer drives and are black with red stitching, available on Amazon.
  7. kilby

Anyone else struggle to find a comfortable driving position?

A lot of North Americans are too wide for the bolsters, Jetta GLI has seats that fit N.A. We have both the GLI and a '21 Autobahn. My real discomfort in both is the hard plastic on the side of the centre stack, my gas pedal knee hurts on longer trips. There is an easy fix for this, on Amazon...
  8. kilby

As this is my first non manual car in decades I do like the ACC especially when driving in rural freeways and for travel in the USA where there seems to be a local county police car every 10 miles or so. My dealer can lose this function but won't for liability reasons, I have a master Porsche...
  9. kilby

You are lucky, your's is like my wife's '19 GLI and daughters A4 Allroad. The '21 GTIs have an unfortunate mix of software from the Mk. 7 and the new Mk 8 which nobody seems to like. I will just go through the motions until I find a cure at some point, for now it is like doing a pre flight...
  10. kilby

You make sense of course, very practical outlook, where we are the fine for using a hand held device is now around $575 but seems to make no difference to a lot of drivers. I will still, eventually get this to where it is off all the time like a 2019/2020 model. To turn this off on my car...
  11. kilby

Hi Cuzoe. On the street, country roads and freeway entrances they have the solid lines on the shoulders for pedestrians and bicycles as well as night guidance, most corners require chopping these a bit (carefully and not in urban settings of course) It's the painted traffic islands that are...
  12. kilby

I'm assuming most here are driving enthusiasts, not people looking for self driving cars, if one can't keep their car in a lane without assist they probably should not be driving, white lines on the shoulder think you are going off the road when early apexing, merging onto a freeway with...
  13. kilby

Just wanting to lose the "lane assist" function, rest are fine, most find that this is annoying to dangerous, our '91 GLI, Lexus, Honda etc... can all be turned off permanently, not the '21. Car is calibrated and alignment is fine, this has nothing to do with the cars handling.
  14. kilby

Resonator delete?

Has anybody removed the resonator on a Mk7.5 GTI? Mine is a '21, curious of the results
  15. kilby

Will this work on our North American '21 GTI's? Mechanic says he cannot change it, just read, the dealer won't touch it!
  16. kilby

Back at the dealer for a software upgrade (which made no difference in anything) They called VW Canada the were told an upgrade is coming but there will be no notice, up to us to stay in touch. Reminder this is about missing displays in the infotainment system, boost gauge, G-Metre, water and...
  17. kilby

Apparently is now in the books as an upcoming fix, stay on your dealer as it is not classified as a recall so no notices sent out.
  18. kilby

Just was at my dealer yesterday (March 9th) and an "upgrade" for the missing software is in the works, just don't know when. Dealer cannot or will not permanently disable my Lane keeping software but apparently can get an OBD11 reader and do it myself, will see what I can do...
  19. kilby

Official Cornflower Blue GTI / Golf Thread

Got that just passed them on the highway so just saw the CFB....