GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Anyone trade their mk7 for something more comfortable?

Agreed. They are comfortable and handle well also. They tend to get extra noisy with added miles.
  2. G

Mk7 GTI vs. 2024 GLI

I have owned a ‘15 GTI SE for almost nine years as well. 59,000 miles now with absolutely no issues. APR Stage One, HD clutch, 8x18” aftermarket wheels with Conti DWS tires. Also ‘19 Jetta GLI Autobahn, DSG, 8x17” wheels with Michelin Cross Climate tires. APR Stage One tuned on both engine and...
  3. G

Notchy gear shifting

I always attributed notchy shifting to the shift mechanism, both at the gear lever and the top of the transmission. Any other thoughts?
  4. G

Notchy gear shifting

Even large feet don’t work. My foot barely fits between the brake pedal and the he tunnel on the right. Also I have to be very accurate with the clutch. The wheel well on the left can prevent total clutch disengagement. Only size 13.
  5. G

EA 888 gen 3 possibly the most reliable engine?

Mk5, 6, 7 GTI’s and a Mk7 GLI all with NO failures at all, warranty or otherwise. All were tuned to APR Stage One. The two Mk7’s are in my garage now while I try to find a new Mk8.
  6. G

Golf R specifics

The clutch sounds like the Sachs SRE installed 50,000 miles ago in my GTI. No issues at all.
  7. G

Arrivedverci

Similar interest here. Mk5, 6, and 7 GTIs and Mk7 GLI. All APR Stage One. Still have the Mk7 GTI and GLI. No problems with any of these. The big difference in performance and handling with the Jetta Autobahn was the tune and performance tires/wheels. I have looked at the Elantra N but not...
  8. G

Headlight adjustment

Where are the screws ? Somewhere under the hood or?
  9. G

Headlight adjustment

Headlight adjustment procedure
  10. G

Loose Cylinder Head Valve Springs?

You took your car to the dealer with the Jb1 installed? Takes about 10 minutes to unhook, if you take a coffee break. The value of these piggyback units is that they are easily removed prior to visiting the VW dealer, retaining your warranty, but I guess your ‘15 passed its warranty long ago as...
  11. G

EA 888 gen 3 possibly the most reliable engine?

I had and have a Mk5, Mk6, Mk7 GTI’s and Mk7 GLI all stage one tuned. NO MECHANICAL ISSUES AT ALL in any of these. All 5,000 mile oil changes. No short trips at all. If I need to go 2 miles, I drive 10-15. No full throttle until 180 oil temp but plenty after that. Lied about the No issue thing...
  12. G

Shocker: California to Start Checking for ECU Tunes During Smog.

The dealer can check for a tune. My dealer found my tune and reported on the service invoice. I am certain many others owners can confirm.
  13. G

How long has your performance clutch like sachs lasted?

Any large throttle openings in 4th, 5th, or 6th under 3,000 rpm are the real clutch killers on our cars. Killed my OEM clutch by being lazy. Example; passing while entering the freeway at 50-60 mph. With all the torque resulting from the tune, it’s too easy to just put your foot down, especially...
  14. G

How long has your performance clutch like sachs lasted?

I have a Sachs SRE clutch in my ‘15 GTI for about 47,000 miles of the total of 53,000 on the car. Zero issues except my left leg is noticeably stronger.
  15. G

Who hasn't had any sunroof issues?

GTI‘s Mk 5 and 7 and GLI Mk. 7. No sunroof issues at all.
  16. G

Relative Fuel Economy

There is a huge difference in the tax structure comparing gasoline sold in the Euro market. That accounts for the difference price at the pump. Crude oil price, based on the American dollar, is the same everywhere.
  17. G

Crack Found :(

Car should be in neutral and on ramps, not jackstands. Learned the correct method because I have done this insert multiple times. I hope you get your needed results. Finally ended up with the ESC insert, the one with dual materials. Now I have minimal wheel tramp and no noise. I checked the...
  18. G

Mk7.5 golf 8" radio issues ! Need help please

Try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery at the positive terminal.
  19. G

Bird chirping sound when accelerating

That chirping sound can originate from a loose turbo pipe connection from the air box to the turbo intake.