GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. danbfree

Does anyone with an 09G automatic and a Reflect tune have a datalog?

I'm desperately trying to resolve an EPC error when I rev out my APR tune to 6000 RPM and not sure if it's the torque limit thing or a hardware/mechanical issue on my end so I'm hoping to see how a Reflect tuning datalog looks like. Thanks in advance!
  2. danbfree

APR Stage 3 IS20 - Misfires/EPC only in 3rd gear 6000RPM 09G AT

There was another thread on this about another tune, IE I believe but I can't find it now, but just as title says. I just got my tune yesterday and holy crap is the car fast now, but for that 3-4 "money shift" the car will start hesitating at about 5600 RPM and if I don't immediately shift it...
  3. danbfree

*SOLVED* Post IS20 install on 1.8 w/09G auto and JB4 only, falls flat on its face very suddenly barely lifting off throttle after building boost

No codes at all, very frustrating issue! If I drive very easy or carry up to 5k RPM or higher without lifting throttle at all it doesn't happen, but if I step on it about 70%+ for say 2-3 seconds, start building some decent boost then just lift off throttle the smallest amount, BOOM, it falls...
  4. danbfree

Delete

Delete
  5. danbfree

Has anyone made their own cheap catted DP by buying catless and adding cheap cat?

Edit: So we can consider this question solved, I've decided to stick to a full catted DP, either hoping the ARM I ordered on an awesome deal off eBay actually gets shipped, but if it doesn't then with the refund I'm going with an ARM that I found a good deal on, but hopefully this can help...
  6. danbfree

How to connect MAPerformance DP w/built in 65mm reducer to 60mm stock 1.8 exhaust?

So I ordered a MAPerformance DP that has a built in 65mm reducer but need to mate it to 60mm 1.8L exhaust. I've found very few 65mm to 60mm reducers, and the ones there are come from Europe, are expensive and would take forever to arrive. So, I'm thinking I could cut off the 65mm reducer section...
  7. danbfree

Torque Solutions Dog Bone mount insert - Does not fit those with Type 2 OEM mount

So long story short, I came from a car that made tons of torque, especially after tuning, so what we called a RMM in the Fiesta ST world (rear motor mount) were almost required as the tiny turbo in those things just made TONS of instant torque once tuned (but NO HP up top and way too expensive...
  8. danbfree

So for those who have actually used it on a 1.8, just how lousy is the Neuspeed power module?

So, I'm a new 1.8 TSI owner as of a month ago and I have a Certified warranty I don't want to deal with a TD1, when this is also a temporary car for 2 years max before I get an S3 or R anyway... so that said, I got a good deal on a used NPM but the only dyno I've seen was on YT and it showed it...
  9. danbfree

Neuspeed or JB1 for 1.8TSi?

I decided I'm just going to bump up the power just a little on my '17 Golf Wolfsburg as I'm going to only keep it 2 years on it's Certified warranty before I go for a GTI or R and don't want to invest in proper wheels/tires for additional grip a true tune would really need... So, anyone try both...
  10. danbfree

Regular Golf with factory Continental 205/55/16's - anyone try the cheap Achilles 215/50/16's?

Long story short, just want a little more grip, don't care about ultra long mileage, and don't want to have to buy new wheels... After searching for alternate sizes/options, I only found an Achilles 2233, so does anyone know or think if the 400tw Achilles in 215/50/16's for only $65 each be a...