GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. danbfree

APR Stage 3 IS20 - Misfires/EPC only in 3rd gear 6000RPM 09G AT

Well, I'll conclude this thread for now by summarizing my thoughts on the APR stage 1 tune now that I had to downgrade, and have used my JB4 in Map 0 to monitor/log how it works and now even "stacking" a bit with Map 6. Keep in mind I should be trading this in or selling it in about 6 weeks So...
  2. danbfree

DUAL EXIT EXHAUST FOR MK7 1.8T OPTIONS

His offering/price list is the first post on his Facebook page, doesn't look like he has a traditional URL web site... Baun Performance LLC | Facebook
  3. danbfree

Same 91 octane I was trying to use with stage 3 IS20... The way APR tunes work, all fuel grades have high boost, the fuel grade determines low end timing, so what I noticed is the 91 felt so much better off the line than the 87 I tried temporarily. In fact, when the WGA died on my IS20 and I had...
  4. danbfree

So, IS20 couldn't be saved, the WGA bolt literally would not come out, it was like it was welded on... Put stock turbo back in, downgraded tune to APR stage 1 and I'm done with this car. New MK8 GTI arrives late May to early June! No markup, just had to put $500 deposit down. :) I do have to...
  5. danbfree

Fmic or twincooler fitment on 1.8t

Yep, not applicable to MK7.5 but for MK7 as long as you don't have a trim level with forward collision warning (or ACC on MK7 GTI) you can fit a FMIC/twin, but some of us have trim levels where we have forward collision warning and would have to code it out and lose insurance discounts or get in...
  6. danbfree

Make sure to remind people of your web site, it took me a while to figure out who you were and what all you do! :)
  7. danbfree

Yep, you can get a GTI dual exit lower valance for ~$120 or there are some MK7 Golf 1.8 single exit exhausts out there, AWE tuning and THIS Autotech one is more of a budget system... but if you want to use any GTI exhaust, stock or aftermarket, all you *have to do* is to remove the single exit...
  8. danbfree

TL;DR - I hadn't checked in with you guys/John specifically for a while, so sorry for the length of this, I just need to put it all out there where I'm at right now and I may be giving up and getting another car... So, you having no probs, this is why that once I fix the WGA, if I still have...
  9. danbfree

Just a quick update, my WGA has bitten the dust, it's completely frozen... I can tap it with a rubber mallet and it resets but instantly EPC's the second I give it any throttle... So, I need to swap the WGA from my stock IS12 over and in the meantime, I did have the shop flash me back to my...
  10. danbfree

REV9 Intercooler

Yes, good timing for your comment, it just arrived the other day, despite them raising the price to $100 for shipping after I bought one as a "pricing mistake", they honored my deal and it took less than 2 weeks to come from China... I did find another one that ships from the US for $319.99...
  11. danbfree

Engine Swap/Repair/Rebuild Question Mk7 1.8t

A compression test can say a lot as well, that is probably the #1 test to see if it's really worn out and burning oil, it's the first thing any reputable shop should offer... Also, with how high quality of oil these engines call for you are changing your oil at *least* twice as often as you...
  12. danbfree

I see where you took the too conservative IE tune and did an additive, but not sure why you think it's not the boost when that's exactly what is happening is a taper down in boost on the top end, doing that, when APR didn't, is what resolved my issues, in my case I think I set my boost at 19 for...
  13. danbfree

So, the take away I got on trims is that is the one way we can add fuel with a JB4 and why full tunes you see it cap out at 25, which is the max normal, it's above 25 with JB4 in which fuel is being added but tunes add it elsewhere. Again, in my case that log you referred to was when I was...
  14. danbfree

I'm still not sure I'm going back to that thread, but let me ask you; aren't high'ish trims themselves OK, it's just a warning sign that you are running out of fuel to add, so as long as your AFR's stay where they should be you're good? And you can see where I struggle to hit boost targets...
  15. danbfree

Interesting as it looks super conservative to me between boost and timing, almost like MeltedSolid's IS12 boost levels, or am I missing something?
  16. danbfree

It will be nice to see if perhaps that was just a very preliminary version of the patch and they will continue to take it seriously and refine it. Thanks for the update.
  17. danbfree

Does anyone with an 09G automatic and a Reflect tune have a datalog?

Well said, at least I have the 30 day refund policy to work with so I may as well get started with the process. I appreciate the insight!
  18. danbfree

OK, just chatted with John and exactly what I thought: There were little overboost spikes that Ian did a taper for him to resolve.... that it's, period. If you look at those last logs I posted you can see a little overboost spike in the tune boost up top that my taper fixes, now it's a matter of...
  19. danbfree

Yeah, I think the bottom line is that I kinda want to take charge of the situation and force the hand of APR to offer me a revision with the tapered boost up top that I think is the simple answer here. Not to take anything away from Ian@Reflect, I'm glad he has a niche in the market for what he...
  20. danbfree

I'm kinda way beyond that already, it's actually 3.5-3.9v and I have two other threads now where I show I think I've fixed the problem, I think it's a matter of tapering boost up top... But now I need to see what supposedly Reflect does to prove my theory, but thank you man!