GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. W

Tire Size for 17x7.5 Rims on Track

Hi All, I know that one of the typical GS autocross setups is 245-40-R17 (being stuck with a 7.5" rim), but how does that work on track? I know Tirerack recommends I not exceed 235 on my 17x7.5" rims, but people do it for autocross. I've been told that although this works at an autocross, the...
  2. W

Non-PP Track Setup

I just did my first track day of the year this weekend at Gingerman, it was a blast! I decided to use what remained of my Hawk HPS pads in the front, and fresh OEM rear pads. I installed the RS3 brake cooling ducts and had a fresh bleed with RBF600 as well. Being that this was my 2nd HPDE ever...
  3. W

Non-PP Track Setup

I was not aware that I could get such a big brake upgrade for that price! I'm currently leaning towards seeing what I can do on the stock hardware with decent pads and cooling but I'll consider the Macan upgrade for the future. Was this on stock non-pp brakes with stock pads and rotors? What is...
  4. W

Non-PP Track Setup

I did my first HPDE event in October of last year after 3 years of autocross and karting and now I'm hooked! I'm starting to prepare for the 2021 season now as we move into spring. My car is a 17 GTI, 6MT, non-PP, on 3 year old RE71R's with probably 70 or so autocross runs on them and a few...