GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. EricsVdub

Henry Rugs Accident - I Don't Believe One of the "Facts".

So insurance wouldn't pay out anytime a driver was speeding?
  2. EricsVdub

Question

There are two reinforced seam weld spots on each side that are safe for jacking the GTI. The one in the front is basically below the side mirrors, and will lift the front and back at the same time on the side being raised. Unfortunately that's the location to place the front jack stand, but you...
  3. EricsVdub

Just paid a buck a gallon more for 93. Anybody else thinking about going back to Map 0?

Hypothetical question, is it really necessary to change tunes? Can't the ECU still pull timing to compensate for the lower octane gas the same way the stock tune would?
  4. EricsVdub

MK7 Confessions

WTF, someone did that on purpose? It looks like something broke!
  5. EricsVdub

Left Lane Campers

LOL, guess not. Cell phone use while driving is a whole other pet peeve. I have to agree with Diggs, thank goodness I'm still working from home! I have noticed I'm calmer when driving now that I don't have to commute. My teenage kids don't even give me a hard time about flipping people off any...
  6. EricsVdub

Left Lane Campers

Gotta love the drivers that think it's easier to slow down to merge rather than speed up. I don't care what mods you've got, your car stops quicker than it accelerates.
  7. EricsVdub

Left Lane Campers

Funny, every state I've ever driven through, which is quite a few, has signs on Interstates that say slower traffic keep right. What additional education is needed? Literacy?
  8. EricsVdub

What's the take on best dampers to replace stock DCC with stock springs

Ditto, at least without passengers, LOL. Personally, I like the DCC option a lot, and will definitely keep it if/when I ever need to replace the stock struts/shocks. I know some believe that lowering springs are incompatible with stock height struts/shocks, but I have VWR springs installed with...
  9. EricsVdub

What's the take on best dampers to replace stock DCC with stock springs

Do you want to maintain DCC functionality? Bilstein B4 damptronic or Bilstein B6 damptronic with stock springs. If you don't care to maintain DCC functionality there are too many options to cover.
  10. EricsVdub

MK7 Confessions

The GTI being my first german car, I've pulled up to the gas pump on the driver's side more than once...
  11. EricsVdub

Bottoming Out after VWR Spring Install

Trimming bump stops is pretty common. Different springs do have different recommendations though, some suggest it, some don't. Bump stops are considerably stiffer than typical lowering springs. They are intended to protect the suspension from damage due to physically bottoming out. So bump stops...
  12. EricsVdub

Wonky handling after lowering springs

It might be worth asking the shop that installed the springs if they trimmed the bump stops. Not sure if that would be enough improvement with that much lowering, but it might be worth a shot.
  13. EricsVdub

Bottoming Out after VWR Spring Install

I have VWR springs on my DCC equipped GTI and they work well. I did trim the bump stops to maintain suspension travel, especially in the front.
  14. EricsVdub

Normal articulation for front sway bar end links?

It looks like they aren't loaded evenly, leading to the different distances the endlinks are spanning on each side. If you can, get ramps to do this correctly. Another option might be driving up on sections of 2x6, but make sure the car is stable on them!
  15. EricsVdub

Normal articulation for front sway bar end links?

Do you have the car on ramps on an even surface? That's the best way to correctly tighten sway bar end links. That doesn't seem right for a suspension sitting evenly on both wheels.
  16. EricsVdub

PDF Manual for 2021 GTI?

Really, you must not work in IT if you consider Microsoft collaboration a promising development. LOL
  17. EricsVdub

You mention different modes, which is part of DCC. My 2019 GTI SE got DCC as part of the experience package if I recall correctly. The DCC reset is worth trying. More likely, the aggressive lowering from the Sportline springs is too much for the surfaces you drive on, particularly the front...
  18. EricsVdub

My VWR lowering springs are working fine with my stock DCC shocks/struts. I did trim the stock bump stops a proportional amount to the expected lowering in order to maintain the same suspension travel before contacting the bump stops though. You should also look into performing a DCC...
  19. EricsVdub

Questions about warranty and tuning my GTI

OP, only you can decide for yourself which is more important to you. Enjoying the extra power the tune provides, or the peace of mind of having the manufacturers' warranty without the risk of being tuned. Everyone else is going to have their own opinions for themselves, but you have to decide...
  20. EricsVdub

Baun V2 Downpipe for MK7 - $800

Estimate for shipping to 60046?