GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

I swapped my summer tires (which are on Sparco Assetto Garas) last month and decided instead of driving around on the boat anchor stock wheels or swapping rubber to get these. Lol. Hopefully I will get them on sooner then the 8 months it took me to finally install the FMIC.
  2. M

Black Friday deal opinion: Michelin vs. Contis

Every test I have seen has the AS4s as a better tire. I just ordered some from Costco also since its winter and I have PS 4s on now.
  3. M

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

So who are you going to believe. You recently posted an article saying the first cases were vaccinated people and now you post this which if you bothered reading it says so far no cases in vaccinated people.
  4. M

EQT Stage 1 Tune, Cobb AP Options

Cobb TC is nice because you can adjust how much tire spin you get before it kicks in.
  5. M

How to choose the right ECU upgrade

One thing I like about the big low torque like the EQT stage 1 is in normal driving you just short shift each gear and it pulls like a mother:D
  6. M

Just paid a buck a gallon more for 93. Anybody else thinking about going back to Map 0?

I don't really worry about fuel price since I have only but 5000 miles on in 18 months lol.
  7. M

How is your COBB mounted?

I pulled the plastic piece off on the left of the steering wheel and put a magnet behind it then stuck a magnet on the back of the AP with double sided tape. I leave it there all the time.
  8. M

EQT and Stratified stage 1

You can also adjust the amount of wheelspin Cobb TC will allow.
  9. M

What are you guys paying for insurance?

Not to mention how much your coverage is. Is your liability for a million or for 50K ? You have to compare apples to apples.
  10. M

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

After waiting about 2 months I finally received my ARM FMIC. Also have a turbo blanket. Now I need to find time to install everything.
  11. M

Getaway in Stockholm

Yes I thought the same thing lol. I still enjoy watching the original one with the Supra.
  12. M

MK7 Confessions

I bought my car in Feb 2019 have only put about 5000 miles on it. I use Amsoil 0w20 on a EQT stage 1 tune. I have only hit 100 mph once.
  13. M

2017 GTI alarm going off while driving

That happened to me the other day but then I realized the FOB was in my pocket and pushed against the seatbelt mount during a hard corner lol.
  14. M

Noob question--is my 2-1 synchro worn?

Not an expert but unless you feel a grinding your syncros are probably fine. That being said I wouldn't shift into first when coming to a stop just use the brakes in neutral. No sense in putting extra wear and tear on the clutch and tranny, brakes are much easier and cheaper to replace.
  15. M

What other cars did you test drive or consider before buying your VW?

I saw an add on my phone for the GTI on a Wednesday and had an incredible urge to get one. Found one I liked online at a local dealer test drove it on that Saturday and bought it lol. So I didn't consider anything else, just decided it was time to replace my 2000 Celica GTS I bought when it was new.
  16. M

Vibration in pedals

Once I hit a curb and a while later the wheel bearings started going out. Just a thought.
  17. M

Anyone have experience with Eibach 25mm RSB?

I have one, I didn't notice a huge difference but I attribute that to mine having the Experience package which comes with a 21.7 mm RSB as apposed to 20mm normally. I have no squeaking or anything.
  18. M

ARM FMIC install tip

It is fairly warm here today and as I drove around and seeing my AIT rise and my power drop I came home and ordered a ARM FMIC. :)
  19. M

Rear “oh-crap” handles?

we actually call them "oh s**t " handles and yes one of mine has been broken since I bought the car with 2500 manager driven miles on it in Feb 2019. I still haven't taken it in to get it fixed lol.
  20. M

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

Let's be honest, any bill either party puts out for anything is going to be full of bloat.