GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. P

Carmen - HoyaDub's 2017 Tornado Red GTI

Nice write-up on the downpipe. That job was cake compared to the damn intercooler. haha
  2. P

Pics look great - nice write up. Glad you guys had fun. You have just about sold me on your tires after my stockers go bad. Since I run winter wheels'tires anyways, I am not too worried about how they'll perform in the snow.
  3. P

Sure . . . after September 10. I'll need every spare minute between now and then just to keep my little British bastard running right. lol
  4. P

Wanna borrow my dremel and cut your fender liners? Won't be the first time the dremel was taken to your car. 😁
  5. P

Good to hear you like the swaybar. Did you keep factory gap with the plugs? I doubt your rotors need replaced with as few miles as you have on that car. If they're warped, they can probably be turned by any decent shop for a few bucks each. That said, if you're looking to upgrade them...
  6. P

Pittsburgh all the way good buddy. BUT, mine were not one of the recalled models. The model number is different, and you can visibly see the difference. HF Stand Comparison
  7. P

Good write up - sums it up well. Your better half will learn that cussing actually helps when working on cars, and it is impossible to do a job like this without letting a few choice 4 letter (or 5 letter) words fly. If you don't let those fly, the wrenches start to fly instead, and that is...
  8. P

Just to chime in - those springs made a MASSIVE difference. ALL for the better too. The car feels so much more solid now. Even with two bikes on a hitch rack it handled way better than it did before without bikes and rack. And it looks great. I'll leave the intercooler report for HoyaDub...
  9. P

Dammit, I was hoping you had forgotten about that. That was a fun little car. I think we used a whole can of PB blaster to get those bolts free. Plus note of working with a ton of plastic clips on your car - I can break them just fine without PB Blaster, and they're on your car and not mine!
  10. P

I don't think our dad would know a wrench from a snake, so no risk there. ;) It'll be fun. I just know that the guys on here who say they did the intercooler swap themselves in 2-3 hours are either (1) master technicians with an arm lift or (2) FOS.
  11. P

OP's brother here. I just have to comment that it's been fun watching HoyaDub go down the rabbit hole I have seen myself follow many times, with many hobbies in the past (cars, bikes (both pedal and moto), photography, fishing, home audio, car audio . . . . the list goes on). One thing always...
  12. P

Polk Audio DB6502 Component Install with Crossover - Front Door and Tweeter

Interesting - I ended up going back into the door to adjust my tweeters to +3 dB as well.
  13. P

Oh geez, yeah for $250 I would have done that for sure. I was looking at between $550 and $600. I got all my stuff on sale too, so I ended up paying about $500 for all my stuff. Not much cheaper, but still sounds really nice.
  14. P

Interesting. I agree the added bass is needed. I got that from the Alpine sub. I am surprised that the factory speakers do ok with helix, but that's really good to know. That said, I spent less on my setup than Helix costs, and I am more of a freak about clarity in the highs than I am...
  15. P

That surprises me. I've never heard a stock system as bad as this one. The component speakers were a HUGE upgrade, even without all of them being installed yet. lol
  16. P

Thanks for the follow up! I still need to tackle the passenger side, so I think I'll test your theory first to save the trouble of going through this again!
  17. P

Decided to go through a grommet below the main harness and tried to weather proof as best I could. Frigging stupid design for this purpose, but I get why they do it. This was a PITA and took me almost 5 hours for the driver's side alone. Need to still do the passenger side, which I think will...
  18. P

Sorry if this pic is huge. But this is what I have to work with.
  19. P

Thanks. I just used an adapter for the back, no sweat. Thanks for the videos, although I don't see in those videos where he does the front doors to the a pillar. Granted I was fastforwarding through them. I'll look more closely, as I am stuck on this part right now how to get the wire from...
  20. P

Thanks. Just to be sure I understand, are you saying you ran new wire from the crossover in the door to the tweeter, or are you saying there is existing wire to work with that is already routed that way (which would be awesome)?