GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

P0420, Misfires, etc.

Awesome - thank you! Plugs done a year ago, coils done this month. Looking to have a carbon clean done and injectors replaced. Hopefully this solves my issue and at the very least I figure it's good preventative maintenance.
  2. C

P0420, Misfires, etc.

2015 GTI Autobahn, 6sp manual, 113,000km (mostly highway), always fuel with 91 octane, bone stock. A year or so ago I had a code for a cylinder misfire. Engine was due for a tune-up anyway so I replaced all 4 spark plugs. Fast forward to the last month or so and I've noticed the engine stumble...
  3. C

Indy 500 vs P Zero... Sport summer tire help

Reporting back... So, I went with Falken Azenis FK510's in 235/40R18. Mounted them on some FAST FC04's in gunmetal. What. A. Difference. Looks aside, the first thing I noticed was how light the whole package felt on the road compared to stock. The new wheels are killer! I've been running them...
  4. C

Footwell A/C isn't working. air distributing into dash instead of floor.

I am having the same issue as OP. Whenever I select the defrost or footwell buttons I get a buzzing/humming sound from behind the dash that lasts for ~15 seconds then stops. Air comes out of the defrost vents normally, but I am getting nothing out of the footwell vents at all. Troubleshooting...
  5. C

I know it's been a while since I started this thread, but here's the update. I had my shop order some PZero's in 235. They arrived, and were P7 Cinturato's since apparently the warehouse was out of the PZ's. Needless to say neither of us were impressed. After returning to the drawing board and...
  6. C

It's time for a new set of summers for my GTI, and I'm torn in a couple directions. A bit of info: I live in Eastern Ontario, Canada so I run a dedicated set of winters for the snow, and I'm NOT looking for an all-season tire. I AM looking for a more sport oriented street tire that will give me...
  7. C

Best place in Canada for wheels & tires

Don't have pics but I noticed when I took them off that one had a slipped belt. Tires were 6 years old. Time for some proper sport summers anyways!
  8. C

Best place in Canada for wheels & tires

The stock Pirellis are finally toast so I'll be replacing them with some Indy 500's in the spring. Also looking for some new wheels. As the title says wondering if there's a go-to website or store for us canucks when shopping for wheels & tires? Cheers!
  9. C

Mud Flaps & Rust Warranty

I live in Eastern Ontario, Canada and have to contend with the odd gravel road and mostly salt in the winter so I'm considering getting a pair of OEM mudflaps (I don't mind the look either). Both my brother-in-law and a good friend said that sometimes the VW rust warranty won't cover rust on the...
  10. C

Front License plate mount

Hey all! Going to pick up my 2015 GTI today. Very excited! I live in Ontario and would like a tow hook/off centre mount for my front license plate. I have the DAP (?) square in the lower grille, but no parking sensors on the front bumper. Curious what other people are using that doesn't...