GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Finally actually drove my car for the first time since flipping the subwoofer and placing the spare on top. There is definitely a difference! Feels tighter to me… less “boomy”, and probably slightly amplified, but I don’t have a recent comparison, so could be placebo. At any rate, certainly...
  2. B

Still haven’t driven it. Had to wait because of the windshield replacement and then went out with the family (in the Jeep). Will have to see tomorrow. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. B

Windshield replaced today! While he had it apart, I took the opportunity to unplug that stupid f#cking Soundaktor!! After the windshield was finished I spent time in the trunk making a custom foam tray for all the tools and everything that was in the VW Roadside Assistance Bag. I got everything...
  4. B

Where did you get it from, and were you able to choose all the design details? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. B

Thanks. The TredWear lettering is not easily removable... or at all removable. The adhesive they use kind of creates a melt/weld between the two rubbers, so I don't think it would be easy and possibly not possible. The thing is though, these are summer tires (Michelin PS4S), and with the way I...
  6. B

I want to start by saying I’m truly not offended by anyone not liking what I like. One of the great things in this world is diversity and being people being individuals. So when I say what I’m about to say, please don’t take it as me being upset by people not liking what I do to my car. What...
  7. B

Like I said, the tire lettering is controversial. The first time I saw a car with it, it reminded me of a Hot Wheels life size car and I loved it. For those that don’t like it, it is temporary since the tires don’t last forever. I may decide not to do it on my next set, or I may even go with...
  8. B

Pretty big day today for the car! The weather was beautiful and the rain held off for the entire time I had to work on the car. My wife even chipped in and helped me put on the TredWear lettering!! Here’s some pics: Spoiler shots Added an R logo in the middle of the bridge spoiler The new...
  9. B

Slightly crushed. APR down pipe and Cat back exhaust are on, but neither APR nor UM have an ECU or TCU flash for the 2019. Apparently both are “days/weeks away”, but VW changed the ECU hardware and IDs in 2019, so I guess quality assurance testing has been underway but not “released publicly”...
  10. B

Today was a nice day for the car! Was able to install my P3 multi-gauge with race pack and my Neuspeed P-Flo cold air intake! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. B

Do you charge for your programming services? Would love to some custom shit to my 2019 R, but I have no idea how you did that.
  12. B

I originally replied that the reach from 9 & 3 was good and later realized I'm an idiot!!! The STOCK paddles have good reach from 9 & 3, and only there. LOL I meant to say there is good reach when hands are at 10 & 2 on the notches in the wheel. The rest of my comments were correct. It was just...
  13. B

Do you have state inspection/emissions in Austin? In PA we have two stickers that have to go in the lower left corner of the windshield, so I was thinking I wouldn't be able to do my front windshield. Or can the windshield tint deal with adding/removing inspection stickers?
  14. B

I am getting the same exact hood as that guy and am wondering myself on how to protect it... hopefully this wasn't already asked and answered, but what is the best way to UV protect a CF hood??
  15. B

Reach was great, even at 9 & 3 position. The lower portion wasn't ideal IMO, but figured out you need to pull them towards the "top" of the steering wheel (so down and into the center if the wheel is upside down) and the feedback from the bottom wasn't great. I thought they were going to be a...
  16. B

ECS Tuning Blue Anodized Paddle Shifters More info in my Build thread https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51665
  17. B

Can I upgrade my brakes if I still want to be able to run 17s for the winter?

Still fairly new here but have a lot of plans for my 1.5 week old 2019 VW Golf R. One of the things I'd like to start researching to upgrade are the brakes... especially since I plan on going to Stage 2, possibly 3, and am always interested in awesome stopping power. As I was looking at brake...
  18. B

Just got my all weather mats with the R logo and the satin silver mirror caps today!! I might wait to do the mirror caps until I get the sequential turn signals to minimize having to take them off again and risk marring them in some way. In the car Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. B

Agree, which was why I figured I’d try switching it off to see. While I’m happy it is no longer stopping me getting in and out at home, it seems like a nice feature to have if parallel parking (and not quick/simple to toggle like as you’re trying to park). My last car had 360° camera system that...
  20. B

I have a fairly steep driveway and my car kept autonomously stopping as I would back out and sometimes in to my driveway. It is actually fairly alarming and when it happened to my wife she thought the car was scraping the ground and then parked it in the street. I found this setting and...