GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. W

Sportwagen Tailgate setups?

Wondering if anyone has any cool Sportwagen tailgate setups they’d like to share? For cooking and chilling, etc.
  2. W

Conti DWS06 Extreme Contact alternatives

Hey, I have a 2018 Golf Sportwagen and in the Spring Summer run Continental Extreme Contact DWS06. Love the look, overall been fine but I have a gravel driveway and maybe they aren’t aging that great. Chunks out of the sidewall and maybe a bit more rapid treadwear at 20k than I would have liked...
  3. W

Alternatives to Sportwagen/Alltrack?

Hey, I have a Mk7.5 Sportwagen and love it. Wondering where I go from here when I want to replace it or get another wagon? I love a wagon but the new market in US seems limited to Audi and Volvo for wagons. Which VW model has a large easy trunk like the Sportwagen? The Atlas? Seems awfully large...
  4. W

How much dry mud in engine bay is too much?

Hey, I have a 2018 Golf Sportwagen and was doing some spring detailing and was going to clean the engine bay (only 4800 miles on car) and was surprised how much mud was covering the engine cover and on the battery, it seemed like more than everywhere else like a thick layer caked on. I had a 14...
  5. W

VW Blade Wheels Curb Rash

Any tips on how to handle curb rash on the machined face of my VW Blades? Just different grades of sand paper, wet sanding and then finish with mothers? Or more like add JB Weld to the mix and then use some kind of alloy wheel touch up paint and clear?
  6. W

WTF is this? EPC Error Engine Speed Max???

I don’t even have 5k on this beast yet and it's already headed to the junkyard? What this all about? I gtg back to the dealer now?
  7. W

Winter Wheels/Tires 18 GSW

Hey, shopping around for winter wheel/tires as summer comes to a close. I live in Central NY so winters are a thing. I have 17s and Conti DSWs on now, thinking I will go to 16s, don't really like how 15s look on the vehicle. Probably will just get some wheels off tire rack (no steelies), but...
  8. W

Roof rack shade awnings for GSW?

Anyone know if you can get those roofrack shade awning things people with taller vehicles usually get to work with a GSW?
  9. W

Can’t decide on leaving rear bumper unprotected or putting bumper guard on

Got a black GSW live that shine when the car is all cleaned up. Bought a rear bumper protector, looks fine kinda a bit sportier or somethin but it’s just some matte charcoal gray cover and you lose all that sleek shine of the GSW rear. Wondering if most people bother with the bumper protector...
  10. W

18 GSW center console storage door stuck

Hey, the center console door where the usb port is is stuck i think on a usb cable and can’t seem to open it. Before I go yanking on the thing and breaking it wondering if anyone has run into this before and how they resolved it? Thanks.
  11. W

Dr. Colorchip or Scratchwizard or VW Touchup Pen or something else?

Hey, wondering how to deal with the following chip. Kinda bigger than a pencil eraser horizontally so not sure about Dr. Colorchip which seems more for standard rock chips, but then bigger than a scratch, so not sure how Scratchwizards putty filling method and connecting the paint dots would...
  12. W

Red Brake Calipers

Hey I want to get red calipers for my 18 GSW. Wondering what kind of calipers people put on? It’s black pearl so I thpught the red would look good with the red tail lights.
  13. W

Is front dash usb only port that allows carplay?

Just got one of those ainope dual usb 12v ports for the port by the ebrake and doesn’t seem I can use carplay with it wondering if it is the product or the vw.
  14. W

What are people’s thoughts on the huge MK7.5 GSW Keyfob

Seems pretty bulky no? Anyone have a cool keychain for it or something to make it less like I’m carrying a huge rock around?
  15. W

Tinted windows in NYS on GSWs

Anyone know what the deal is with tinting windows on GSWs in NYS? Sounds like you can't pass inspection? Also, if you remove the tint from the rear window does that destroy the heating elements?
  16. W

Paint chip. New GSW. Life is over.

Hey, neighbor swung wide and there is a paint chip in rear passenger door. It is about 1/8" tall and 1/4" wide. I don't see a ding just the chip but there could be something subtle. How do I cope emotionally with this. The car has less than 500 miles on it. I looked on amazon and saw those...
  17. W

Anyone have any experience with backordered VW wheels?

Just got my Sportwagen last week and love it. Such a rad vehicle. I was supposed to have 17 VW Blade wheels put on by the dealer, but as it turns out now, after been told they'd ship in 1-2 days by the dealer and the VW site that they are on backorder and I can't really get a straight answer...
  18. W

What does/should the 2018 GSW come with in the trunk?

Yo, wondering what the 18 GSW should come with in the cargo area. Got mine today, drove it 20 miles love it so rad. I got two sets of mats, monster and regular, 2 tow hooks, the roadside kit, go blocks, spare tire... I could have sworn I saw some foam organizer insert tray thing that went above...
  19. W

Tools and Products to care and maintain your Golf?

Hey, what are the tooks and products everyone is using to take care of their Golf? New to VW, don't have anything really, need to start organizing. Tools for wheel changes, oil changes, brand of oil, oil filters, cabin filters, the basics ya know? I have allen wrenches, torqs bits, ratchets...
  20. W

Getting a black 2018 GSW S

Hey, getting a black 2018 Golf Sportwagen S. Not sure I'm that into the OEM rear bumper protectors, they seem very bright and don't match any material elsewhere on the vehicle. Wondering if anyone recommends another aftermarket bumper protector that looks good? Also, was interested in the 17"...