GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

2018 GTI SE (leather) - chemical smell won't go away

I posted on this before 3 months ago (about a new car smell that wouldn't go away), but it's been 3.5 months that I've owned the car and there's still a persistent, disturbing chemical smell (not really 'new car smell' that you smell in most new cars) that I think is coming from the leather...
  2. B

GTI SE wouldn't start at angle when gas was above red line

As described, my car wouldn't start when parked at an angle with gas above the red line. I had to call VW Roadside Assistance and had to get my car trailered back to the shop to inspect it. 4 days later, it was looked at, and nothing was discovered - they said the angle impacted the fuel pump...
  3. B

Upgrade speakers in 2018 MK7.5 GTI SE

I bought a 2018 GTI SE without the Fender speakers. The stock speakers are okay but honestly my 2013 Golf S speakers were better. Has anyone upgraded the stock speakers? What are the best speakers to upgrade to and how do I go about this without voiding the warranty?
  4. B

Difference between sport driving mode and sport transmission mode

Does anyone know the difference? If I have transmission in sport mode but driving mode is in normal, what happens? There's only one "S" that appears when in transmission sport mode. Can't figure out what overrides t the other and what the effect is.
  5. B

Feeling sick from new car smell (2018 GTI SE)

I recently bought a new 2018 GTI SE (leather), with that new car smell. First, it caused pretty bad headaches for both my wife and me, so we kept the windows open at night, and even put bowls of charcoal and baking soda in the front and rear seats (which are known to help with removing smells)...