GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

1/4 Mile Time - DSG vs. Manual

Hey guys, I know this topic has been discussed many times before but I want to put a twist to it. The two questions below are talking about 1/4 mile times. How much faster is a manual vs. DSG? How much faster is manual when no-lift-shifting vs. DSG? I'd really like to hear some solid time...
  2. N

Will this break in a clutch faster?

Hey guys, I just got a South Bend Stage 2 Daily clutch installed in my ‘14 GLI. I have a question - do you guys think that a bunch of forward and then reverse starts in my driveway will break in the clutch any faster (a few starts and stops, then reverse, and repeat) Or would going to a long...
  3. N

South Bend Clutch owners - how much power can you handle?

Hi guys, So I'm planning on doing a turbo swap on my Gen 3 GLI and making 450-500whp. I have a South Bend Stage 2 Daily clutch going in next week that's "conservatively rated" for 400tq. So, what does "conservatively rated" exactly mean? I have a friend with a TT 1st gen Viper that made near...
  4. N

Tomioka IHX600 VS. EQT Vortex

Hey guys, I'm in the process of finding what turbo I want to go with for my 2014 GLI (yes, I know it's not a Golf). So far the two best contenders seem to be the EQT Vortex (https://eqtuning.com/products/eqt-vortex-turbocharger?variant=15439215362138) and the Tomioka IHX600...
  5. N

Hybrid IS38 Options?

Hi guys, I made a similar thread in the GTI/Golf tab but this is probably a better place for it seeing that the R comes with an IS38. I'm planning on doing an IS38 swap on my MK6 GLI (yes I know it's not a Golf) and I'm considering hybrid options. Here's what I'm looking for: - Something...
  6. N

Most affordable hybrid IS38?

Hi guys, Soon I will be swapping the turbo on my '14 GLI (yes I know I don't have a Golf) for an IS38 and I'm considering hybrid options. I'll give you an idea of what I'm looking for - - Something decently affordable (preferably under $2k, I supply the IS38) - Something that can make near...