GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Indy 500 vs P Zero... Sport summer tire help

Falken Azeni fk510 should be mentioned too. Ranks right up there with the Indys and Gmax. Excels in the wet too.
  2. M

Advice needed vibration after installing used wheels with brand new DWS06 plus tires

Running dws06+ here for about 8 weeks. Car usually sits for days before it drive. No flat spotting, no vibrations. Not ruling it out but sounds like your got another issue especially if they are balancing correctly.
  3. M

General GMAX RS vs. Firehawk Indy 500?

I considered the gmax and Indys and ended up with the FK510s based off reviews. I have about 12k miles on a set over 2 summers. So far no complaints. Wear looks like I will easily get 30k+ out of them and I beat on them hard. Hehehe
  4. M

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

Purdy! I've had several Infiniti's over the years, but the sound generated from the VQs had always been...odd. Any sound vids from that?
  5. M

Adding a data point to go with this thread. I've had the UR catted/resonated DP with stock cat back for about 25k miles. The sound is no doubt very close to stock and no drone. The down side is that UR uses a flange system on their exhaust systems which boxes you in to their products unless...
  6. M

235/35/19, What is your rubber of Choice? Michellin, Continentals or Pirrelis?

Costco in my area the tire deal is cycled on Bridgestones. I think it's a quarterly cycle between Michelin and Bridgestones.
  7. M

New Pads/Rotors at 56K

Red stuff presume? What brake fluid is that shade of green? Wheels look good
  8. M

Jacking up the car

Do you find the audi jack pads worth the investment? Got any photos of where the front pad is installed?
  9. M

235/35/19, What is your rubber of Choice? Michellin, Continentals or Pirrelis?

This. I'm also running the FK510s for a summer tire. I can't compare to the Micheline PS4's, but for the price it was all the grip I needed for daily driving a stage 2. Also, I concur on the wet traction, these things were fantastic during an east coast road trip that took me through some...
  10. M

I don't think this has been discussed before, but how does a dual muffler setup vs single muffler impact sound? From what I've seen the dual setup is typically after the Y behind the axle. I imagine the CFM flow is half at that point, but not sure how that impacts sound.
  11. M

Jacking up the car

Rotating tires I just go front to back and only need to raise one side. However if you want to do the full cross rotation I always liked this method.
  12. M

Brake pads shifting in caliper

I'm on the Centrics but I'm certain my shifting is in the rear too. Never occurred on the OEMs.
  13. M

Brake pads shifting in caliper

I also have the centric posi-quiet pads on PP brakes and get the direction change clunk. It's lessened over time and is likely related to crud build up between the caliper and pad. If a redesign comes out I'll pick up the new pads, but I like this compound enough and the issue isn't bad enough...
  14. M

Eurodyne Updates

Still think some bumps/rattles in the road might be messing with me, but don't want to assume and not trust the data. Timing pull early on and cleaned up a little in the higher rpm's. Timing 91, Boost 26 https://datazap.me/u/mayhemj30/10-20-20-run-b?log=0&data=1-18-19-20-21-22
  15. M

Eurodyne Updates

You bet. Send me a PM for what you're looking for, including bourbon. :LOL:
  16. M

Eurodyne Updates

Interesting results cylinder 1,3,4 all dropping timing at the same time. Maybe a bump in the road? I'll try to get another run soon. https://datazap.me/u/mayhemj30/10-18-20-run-d?log=0&data=1-18-19-20-21-22 Diggs, if you're ever in KY you need to swing by for some beers and/or bourbon. I have...
  17. M

Eurodyne Updates

Finally stopped raining around here. Got 2 pulls in that look similar. Not seeing any timing pull. 50F Settings: Oct 90, Boost 26 Running Costco 93 (gotta get those fuel points) 3rd gear Run 1: https://datazap.me/u/mayhemj30/10-18-20-run1?log=0&data=1-18-19-20-21-22 Run 2...
  18. M

Eurodyne Updates

70F Boost=25 Octane=90 https://datazap.me/u/mayhemj30/3rdgear-2020-10-14-st2?log=0&data=1-18-19-20-21-22 Looks better than the original 91 tune already. Starting to wonder if there was something funky with the old flash.