GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. H

IE 7.5 Flex Tune; Who’s running it?

Curious about your impressions. Is 50% to 100% E85 a significant difference in everyday driving, or mostly during WOT?
  2. H

Resonator Needed; Vibrant 17930 GTG?

This is for a 2019 Golf R. Previous owner did a resonator delete. I just added a IE DP and not a fan of the sound with the factory mufflers. Is the Vibrant 17930 still the ticket to get it back to factory-ish levels and tone?
  3. H

Why aren't there more E flex tunes for the 7.5R?

There are flex tunes for the 7R and the Mk8 (at least seeing beta tunes out there), but nothing for the 7.5 or amI just not looking hard enough? APR, Unitronic, 034, IE?
  4. H

Golf R 7.5; Anyone go to 18s?

If you have, regardless of the reasons, I’d like to hear your thoughts on whether or not you think it worked for you. Lighter wheels, loss expensive tires? Better ride and/or performance?
  5. H

Rear View Mirror Questions

Is there a way to make the auto adjusting rear view mirror darker (VCDS; OBDEleven?)? Or, is there a flippable mirror that can be swapped out?
  6. H

Setting OBD2 Readiness

I’ve seen this come up recently a couple times, and I struggled with this myself after going Stage2+ with Unitronic, so I figured I’d post a PSA for those of us tuned, but still need to flash down to a lower stage, or stock, to get state OBD2 ‘plug in’ emissions inspections. VAGCOM will let you...
  7. H

Inner Clearance Question

Going from 18x8 45 with 10mm spacer up front and 15mm spacer in the rear so net 35 and 30 offsets running a 235.40 tires to….19x8.5 45 with no spacers and I want to run a 245.35 for a little more wheel protection and comfort. I am lowered on KWs. ‘Will-it-fit’ calculators tell me I will have...
  8. H

Can't seem to decide on 18s or 19s

Who's running 19s successfully with little NVH and what tire are you running? I'm considering new wheels to get away from spacers and hub rings; /0/"]RSe102s. I am however not a fan of NVH (I daily my GTI ~50mi round trip) so I am leery of going with 19s that will have a much slimmer sidewall...
  9. H

ECS Heavy Duty Strut Mounts; Install Questions & Experience?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/ecs-heavy-duty-front-strut-mount-each/015102ecs01a/ I’m trying to kill a creak I’m getting from my front passenger strut area. The bearings were replaced apparently during my coil over install last year. What else is needed? Any additional hardware...
  10. H

Factory Xenon Lighting Package Headlight Replacements?

I am interested in replacing my current factory lighting package headlights with another set of factory xenons. My original lights are a bit pitted, and I’ve tried polishing them to little effect. What are my options besides the Mk7 GTI and Mk7 Golf R? I’m seeing a handful of aftermarket...
  11. H

P04020 with Stage 2+ and Unitronic Downpipe

I've done some searching, but would like some updated recommendations. In prep for annual emissions testing I called Unitronic Tech Support about a month ago with questions about how to pass my state emissions testing since Stage 2 and beyond with Unitronic the readiness is blocked. They...
  12. H

Replacing Rear Vent Housing

The arm that connects to the wheel that opens and closes the rear / back seat vent has broken. I've pulled the vent housing off, and I don't think its repairable so I'm looking for a replacement. The part number off if it is 5GM.863.289 but this number isn't coming up at any of the parts...
  13. H

Pic Request: RSE10s HyperBlack on Silver GTI

I Googld but didn't find many Silver GTIs with gunmetal or hyperblack wheels, so hoping someone here might have a picture to post.
  14. H

255.35 on 8.5"

I know a lot of this depends on tire make and model, but has anyone run this set up? How does it look? Pics would be appreciated. The 255.35 (3.51") ratio is close to what I'm running now (235.40) (3.70"), and that's what I'm trying to keep in place; the sidewall height and ratio for ride...
  15. H

Unitronic Working on an Ethanol Tune?

Maybe John can chime in. Hopefully it would trickle down to our platform. https://www.facebook.com/unitronic/posts/10155530130432826
  16. H

IS38 w/ Unitronic S2+ & DAP; Review

Nothing new here; another IS20 --> IS38 upgrade, but wanted to share. To be clear, I receive no compensation from Paul and his team, I'm just spreading the word about their new-ish shop and my great experience with them. https://www.daprepair.com/ https://www.shopdap.com/...
  17. H

Lug Bolts For TSW Wheels?

Cannot find any info on the TSW website. Can anyone tell me if TSW arrive with their own new hardware, or, is new HW required? Cone or ball seat? Length? Thanks
  18. H

Your Turbo Choice?

Just out of curiosity, what is the distribution of turbos here? IS20 IS38 CTS / Boss Other
  19. H

VCDS Hex Mobile Feedback?

I've been using vagcom/vcds for close to 10 years so its a natural progression for me, but I'd like some feedback. Who’s using it and do you like it? Is it easy to use on an IPhone? Or iPad? My primary goal is to use it for logging, and the occasional tweak. I already use VCDS, so I can...