GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Stock GTI vs tuned Focus ST: outcome?

I was driving home from a concert last nite, two of my buddies in the car, when a car pulls up beside and is clearly showing that he wants to play (revving, pulling up and dropping back, revving under every bridge for the echo). On one for his pull forwards I see it’s a Focus ST, and exhaust...
  2. D

Toronto - Town and Country VW

Removing my previous post here - T&C got back to me and I've agreed to do a correction. mods could delete this.
  3. D

Clutch on the 7R

How is the clutch on the 7r? Can it hold stock power or is it going to start slipping? I'm in a 6MT GTI right now, so I know how the GTI clutch can't hold a tune. Considering going to an R, and wondering if the clutch will hold the stock power, say out 120,000km. Sachs has said that is the...
  4. D

MK7 vs Mk7.5 R brake size

My google-fu is weak today and haven't been able to find if there is any difference in the brakes between the MK7 and facelift R. Trying to figure this out as I'm considering the MK7.5 R, and I've got a set of 17" Porto wheels for winter, and not sure if they'll fit. I seen they fit on the MK7.
  5. D

Grinding noise on turning left

Since this is chassis and suspension figure this is the best place for this. The backstory is I recently had a new clutch installed, and when under the car, the shop that did the work discovered that when my dealer had replaced my steering rack earlier in the year that the dealer had not bolted...
  6. D

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Got my DKM twin disc installed.
  7. D

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Try this: Get into the back seats and close the doors (all doors need to be closed). Wait 30 seconds - all the ceiling lights should turn off. Then try the switch for the rear lights and they should turn off. Sent from some random mobile time waster.
  8. D

Lived on the edge with my parking job.. . Sent from some random mobile time waster.
  9. D

Yes. There is a law somewhere that I saw that states, IIRC, that if the DRL is within 10cm of the turn signal it needs to dim when the turn signal is activated. This has been happening on all cars for quite a few years now.
  10. D

GTA - Clutch work

I know there are people in the GTA who have installed a new clutch. Where did you guy get them installed? My clutch is starting to slip and my bonus cheque is soon to arrive. Considering the SRE or maybe the RSR.
  11. D

FS: Dieselgeek Sigma6 short shift kit

Recently pulled as I could never get it setup for clean shifts, as well as I was never happy with the feel. $185CDN shipped to any Canadian destination. Outside Canada, PM me and we can work something out. Pics tonight when I get home from work.
  12. D

FS: JB4 with BMS serial cable.

For sale is the JB4 which I just pulled due to clutch slip. Don't have the resources to put in a new clutch at the moment and no point in leaving it in the car on map 0. With exchange and duty it was around $700CDN. Selling for $550CDN or best offer shipped to any Canadian point. Outside...
  13. D

Do you ensure that you turn at least 1/4 turn with the torque wrench before it clicks? The biggest issue I've seen with bad installs is that they hammer it down with the impact and then go around with the torque wrench. problem is that if torque clicks right away, you don't know if you hit the...
  14. D

Put on the winter wheels (Porto's I kept from the TDI return) Removed the Sigma6 shifter.
  15. D

If you have rain sensing wipers, the drops are for how sensitive the sensing is. If you have intermittent wipers, the drops are for how fast the wipers run on intermittent.
  16. D

Did you have the wipers in what would have traditionally been the intermittent setting position? The settings are Off > Auto > Lo > high
  17. D

It's a math computation based on current fuel economy and fuel level. It's updated pretty realtime based on current driving, so I'm not sure on the time base. For example on the weekend, I got on the highway and started driving. 30km of driving later and my range did not change as the fuel...
  18. D

Gave her a clean - wash, clay bar and then Adams Liquid paint sealant.
  19. D

That darn bug grime...

Last time I hand washed my car, there was some bug grime bonded to the paint that would just not come off - wash, clay bar, polish and bug remover would not get it off the paint. Any suggestions on how to deal with it? Looking to do my winter prep and would like this off the car before I...
  20. D

Installed a JB4.