GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Alignment shop recommendation in Charlotte Nc area.

Thanks, I'll give them a call.
  2. S

Alignment shop recommendation in Charlotte Nc area.

Need a 4 wheel alignment done on mk7 Golf R.
  3. S

Official Oryx White Pearl Golf R Thread

Thanks man. The wheels are Superspeed RF03RR 18x8.5, tires are Michelin PSS 4 A/S 245/40, stock ride height.
  4. S

Superspeed Wheels Any Input ?

My Superspeed setup. 18x8.5 RF03RR
  5. S

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

I'll take the hit on the weight. Really like how 18's ride over the 19's.
  6. S

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

Superspeed 18x8.5 w/ Pilot 4 A/S. 44lbs. Gained 2 lbs per corner over stock 19" Prets with Conti DWS.
  7. S

Any motorcycle ADV riders?

Just wondering if we have any ADV riders here? I plan to ride the TAT in 2020 so was wondering if anyone has done it or somethings similar.
  8. S

So I ordered new wheels.

I received my new wheels from Modbargins, Forged305 FT108's. Love the way they look but as with many things in life one's joy can at times be short lived. I got up early ready to install only to realize that the hub center bore was machined to the wrong size.:rolleyes: It was not Modbargins...
  9. S

Racingline OEM+ stage one released in OZ

Has anyone gotten this stage one tune in Australia? https://youtu.be/7Rag6pKz6nw
  10. S

DSG paddle option possibly found...maybe

I'll admit it's a total shot in the dark but..I was watching a review video of the KIA Stinger and noticed that the Stinger wheel looked similar to that of our beloved VW's. Then I noticed what looked to be better DSG paddles and it got me wondering. That's all I got. :D
  11. S

Tesla event tonight is Incredible.

People who bought the Prius obviously aren't car people, pretty soulless expression of transportation in my view. The roadster does have some visual appeal and the straight line speed in impressive, so that will swing more towards the car culture demographic.
  12. S

Going faster up a grade will of course save time but it's minimal. I'm small potatoes compared to the mega fleets so maybe for their operation saving 5 minutes on a grade is worth it. As a driver on a highway in a car I prefer to see big trucks in the truck lane. Will the ability to go up...
  13. S

You guys have wishful thinking on seeing a Tesla truck cruising up a mountain pass at 65 mph..lol. Not that the truck won't do it but the company that owns the truck will neuter it for safety reasons. There's diesel powered rigs that will do it now just FYI. I hope I'm done driving before all...
  14. S

Intake Air Temps

Does any one have IAT numbers with a stock IC vs aftermarket IC running a stage two tune?
  15. S

Every R is a hotrod in the rain.

So I was making a sweeping left turn from a red light today on cold wet roads with summer tires and the ass end came out under power. I was like wtf just happened. Lol. All nannies were off.
  16. S

ECS off = no trip reset...?

I tried to reset the trip meter while the ESC was off and no bueno. I'm was in the habit off turning it off when restarting the car, noticed this after refueling.
  17. S

Side effect from installing VW sunshades.

After installing the sunshades which are awesome. I notice the horrible booming wind noise that was induced when the rear windows were down all but disappeared. :D. It's nice to roll down the window and cruise again.
  18. S

The Passat GT is Coming

I owned two, '12 and '14 both diesels. The boot was huge and was a awesome highway car once you shit canned the noisy Eco tires. I love my R but miss the 800 mile between fill up's.
  19. S

Haldex set to increased traction.

Has anyone applied these setting to their R? I used the OBD11 to change mine and so far I'm liking the change.