GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Thanks! This is a link to the cover. They'll customize it if you tell them what you want. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/XuJi-Black-Suede-Car-Steering-Wheel-Cover-for-Volkswagen-Golf-7-GTI-Golf-R-MK7-VW/32664352965.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.xGzSkD
  2. T

Thanks! I wish I could justify a custom wheel because they look nice but I like putting those dollars on go fast bits. Good luck with your wheel. Be sure to post here. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. T

Wrapped the steering wheel. Wasn't as hard as I expected. Took just under 2 hours but that time went quick. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. T

Set of Austin wheels off 2016 GTI

Wheels only- $375 plus shipping. No idea what shipping will be yet. One had some rash smoothed out by the dealer and the rest are in perfect shape. The second pic is of the repaired wheel. They are dirty in the pic. Who wants to clean wheels you're not using... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. T

Do you name your car(s)?

I do. My white TDI was Emma and the GTI is Sabine, named after Sabine Schmitz. Many think it's weird but I'm one of those people that forms a connection with my car. Always have and always will. I bet others on here are the same. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. T

Upgrade path from APR stage 2 - cost to performance analysis

My participation in another thread in the General section spurred my interest to quantify options. I thought it might be helpful to others not a part of that conversation so I'm making this specific thread. I'm simply re-pasting my post from that conversation on here. Hope it helps you all...
  7. T

QUESTION TO MODS

I'm soooo happy this is your approach! I'm floored people on here want "safe spaces". You keep on handling things like we're all adults and everything will be fine. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. T

Installed the new wheels. One might be defective but I'll get that sorted. So glad those austins are gone. Anyone want to buy them? Ha! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. T

I completely understand your views and the evidence in stage 3 cars. I'm seeing many retain the stock exhaust as well because 2.5" is sufficient for 500HP+. IF there is a performance gain, I would say it's nominal. I do maintain that boost seems to build and hold at lower throttle but I have no...
  10. T

I'm sold after my commute to work this AM. Been driving the same roads for 12 years so I have a good baseline to draw reference from. The boost comes in sooner and is smoother. My APR boost gauge indicates a peak of 30psi before settling to 25-26psi. Not sure if that's a result or not. Can't say...
  11. T

No supportive mods required to gain the advertised benefits. The modification incorporates stiffer springs and the diaphragm/plunger is metal with a flat face where the stock unit is plastic with ridges in its face. I personally can't say this is a must have yet but again- on paper it appears...
  12. T

As the other gent mentioned, better throttle response via better boost build. More precise boost control and less chance of boost leak due to poor factory component materials. So far I haven't read anyone stating anything about sound-negative or positive. I didn't notice any sound changes...
  13. T

Bought a GFB DV+ on Amazon yesterday, arrived today, installed 30 minutes ago. Not sure how noticeable the update will be considering I didn't purchase it to remedy anything. Everyone said it's a must and on paper it seems to be worth the $. We'll see. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. T

Count me in. The austins are cheap and ugly to me. Tried to get the dealer to trade up with a sport but the austins are "higher-end" and they can't trade down. Ugh. I'm getting my new wheels mounted this Saturday. Can't wait!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. T

That's odd. Looks like everything is okay to me. Great way to weed out the hack shops. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. T

My RSe07's come in Friday. Dealership didn't seem to mind the thought of taking off my stock rubber. Did anyone give a reason for not wanting to do yours? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. T

Added some APR sideburns. Ordering some wheels soon. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. T

Pics needed: Enkei Raijin on Pure White GTI

Looking for real world pics of the silver and gun metal painted wheels. Image searches are not producing much on here or Google. Perhaps my Google-fu is weak. It would be perfect if someone has a lowered 4 door as well. I want to make an informed decision on my pending purchase. Any help is...