GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Damn, red looks good with black accents!
  2. K

Looks good! Thanks for the recommendation. I'm hoping to see if I can get a ride in some other GTIs with springs or coilovers in my area to see how the ride quality is. I like the balance of handling and comfort that the stock suspension gives, I just want to make sure it's not a huge compromise...
  3. K

Did my first oil change this weekend (5300~ miles) with a Castol kit from ECS. Also installed the flush OE wheel kit from ECS. Now I just need to research and decide what I want to do for a decent drop to get rid of the wheel gap. Today I installed the matte black w/ red border front...
  4. K

I've used brake cleaner before to get sticker residue off of the windshield and hardtop glass (rear window) of my Miata. I sprayed some onto a shop towel and then patted the residue area on the glass, then it wiped off easily. I was careful to not get it on any painted surfaces. I'm not sure if...
  5. K

I hit 4k miles yesterday too! Bought my car in December.
  6. K

Passed the "take it easy for 600 miles" part of my ownership so far, did my first WOT accel with 25F ambient air temps :D To be fair this was last night, but it was equally fun accelerating today with 19F temps (once car was up to temperature that is)
  7. K

Great thanks for that! Enjoy :) .. I suspect I'll end up wrapping my car in the future, I'll enjoy the black for now.
  8. K

Wow I had no idea that blue looked that good in sunlight! I've only seen one in overcast weather and next to the Golf R blue (lapiz?) I didn't like the GTI's blue :(. I think I would've gotten a blue one instead of the black I bought had they had the same trim/spec in stock and I saw your picture!
  9. K

Parking brake bracket hanging under new car?

I picked up a 2017 GTI Sport last Saturday (new). I have 450~ miles on it and today I noticed this bracket hanging under the rear passenger side of the car. I believe it's meant to hold the parking brake cable. There's an identical cable and bracket on the driver's side of the car. I was able to...
  10. K

That looks good! I removed the dealership emblem on my rear hatch (opted to remove it myself rather than have the dealer do it), and inspected my PPF and tint install in the daylight today. Can't wait to clean the car and take pictures of it.
  11. K

Received Platypus front plate bracket from Amazon (still waiting on plates) as well as a Heatshield fitted roll up sun visor. Also picked up my car from having XPEL ultimate custom installed covering the entire front (front bumper, hood, headlights, fenders, mirrors) and took my car to get...
  12. K

kairojya's 17 GTI Sport

2017 GTI Sport Deep Black Pearl DSG I traded in my 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 for the GTI this past Saturday. For more details, check here: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26339 I'm very happy with the car so far. It's much more comfortable and less-worrying to use every day...
  13. K

New GTI owner, interesting trade

This is my first German (and Euro) car. I'm very happy with it so far! I've owned mostly Japanese cars and sport bikes (1 BMW bike) in the past. I imagine most of you will think I'm nuts to trade a limited run serialized car with a unique (amazing sounding) engine in for a relatively modest...