GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Can we do doughnuts?

G'day all - simple question. Is the Mk7 R capable of doing tarmac doughnuts in stock trim? I've got one, and I've always wanted to try but can't find an area wide enough to really give it a go. I can't find any videos of anyone doing it either... Hmm.
  2. J

Stereo Upgrade

G'day all, I'm not very impressed with my 16R's stock stereo sound. Has anyone here gone to a retailer and had them install some new gear? Wondering what the costs were, and what you thought of the service. Cheers, Jez
  3. J

Buying used: '15 or '16?

Hi guys, I'm buying an R soon, though I'm wondering whether there's any point getting a '16 over a '15. Is there a big difference? Is it worth the extra $5,000 (in Australia). Thanks! Jez
  4. J

Known Warranty Issues?

Hi all, Buying a '16 R soon, is there a list of known warranty issues that I should be aware of when buying this beautiful car? Thanks! Jez.
  5. J

New to VWs, quick question on DSG

Hi all, I'm handing in my Focus ST for a MK7 Golf R. I think they're one hell of a car for the price. When I tell people I'm getting an R, a few of them have said 'Don't get the DSG!'. Now I'm not one to usually give in to scaremongering, though I'd like to know the current status of the DSG...