GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. tristanr

Enable "Hot Country" A/C with Obdeleven?

I know this thread has been dead for some time now, but on my 2017 model year S with Manual climate controls, i don’t have the option to change temperature tuning nor blower speed. strange.
  2. tristanr

Helix Soundbox Upgrade Information Post!

I’m gonna swing by an electronics repair shop and see if they can do anything for me.. i see some of those 10k ohm variable potentiometers on amazon that might get the system to work but none with the same orientation…but as long as it works ill be happy. Audiotec Fischer said i can ship it to...
  3. tristanr

I tried to adjust the subwoofer gain on the DSP and broke the knob.. by trying not to strip the head i pushed too hard and it busted open .. Now i’m praying audiotec-fischer is willing to repair or send me a replacement potentiometer. :cry: There is zero output from the sub now.
  4. tristanr

The New APR Intake System is Here!

will there be a mk 7/gen 3 intake that resembles the evo 4 intake or is this the only one we can expect to be released? if not, is it possible to retrofit the evo 4 intake into a gen 3 by using a different pipe? i know the pipe that connects the box to the turbo inlet is different on evo 4..
  5. tristanr

Steering Wheel Start/Drive Mode buttons

any word on feasibility of installing the R8 steering wheel start/drive mode buttons on a manual mk 7 gti without push button ignition? im okay with having to physically put the key into the run position before pushing the wheel mounted button to start the engine if not the start button, what...
  6. tristanr

is there any benefit to upgrading the base stereo speakers and tweeters to Fender units in conjunction with Helix system?
  7. tristanr

Downpipe with stock catback

So I am able to hear it on video. There’s a distinct sound difference between feathering the throttle and the idle. During idle, I hear a sputtery metallic leak sound. Normal? Only really happens on cold start.
  8. tristanr

I noticed it immediately after installing the downpipe in December. Could it be? Wouldn’t I I have other symptoms? I only have a code for the cat-efficiency since I haven’t tuned yet.
  9. tristanr

No evidence of leaks; I notice I can also make the sound go away on cold startup if I give it a little throttle and bring the revs to about 11-1200, but the sputtery-air sound returns if I let it return to idle. I’ll try to get a recording of it tomorrow.
  10. tristanr

I’ve tightened the fuck out of it. Also replaced the gasket.
  11. tristanr

Ever since I installed the APR catted downpipe to my GTI I’ve noticed a tinny, high pitched, metallic, air-puffy like sound that comes from front-mid section of the exhaust when accelerating next to walls or other cars. I’ve got it welded in so not a leak and I’m almost certain it’s not hitting...
  12. tristanr

MK7 Rear O2 Sensor: More than a Catalyst efficiency monitor?

old thread, but the cat inefficiency code with my APR downpipe only triggers after cruising on the highway.
  13. tristanr

Apr Downpipe

The fuel lines might be the only thing I haven’t touched. Will keep you posted 🤞🏽
  14. tristanr

Apr Downpipe

I feel like I’m beating a dead horse, but Im going crazy and we’re all cooped up at home due to SARS-COV2 so I wanted to ask about a noise I hear. I installed an APR downpipe in December. First test drive, I notice what sounded like a minor exhaust leak when accelerating. Almost like a penny...
  15. tristanr

225/45R18 tires on stock

Any pics? I’m not lowered but I would like a more pothole friendly setup and a little less wheel gap
  16. tristanr

Dented side skirts/rocker MK7.5 question.

Literally had the exact same thing happen to me. Verbatim. Super pissed, but could be worse.
  17. tristanr

Taktaktaktak Sound Under Heavy Throttle

2017 S Manual— this exact thing happened to me 2 or 3 times. You describe it perfectly. Happens when trying to accelerate a bit hard on boost. Haven’t heard it in a long time, but now i do hear a constant ticking sound when accelerating moderately next to a wall. Ticking stops when I back off...