GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. P

JB4 EA888 1.8T

Selling my JB4 in perfect working order.$100+ shipping cost (you pick the shipper). PM me please. Thanks Paul.
  2. P

SOLD

225/45 ZR17 94Y just over 6/32 tread , ET 43 part number 561601025Q, light rash, no dents, straight, not bent. Used summers only, garaged winters. No center caps. New these will cost you $400 each without tires. Cash or venmo only, appointment only, no holds, pickup only. Paul thanks.
  3. P

FS Homelink Autodimming Mirror $155 shipped

Frameless. Like new. Came new with my new Sportwagen. On car for about a month, switched out for old school version. The range on this thing is stupid far. Great for jokes on unsuspecting family members. Not to be confused with non autodimming variants or those powered with seperate...
  4. P

Oil separator oil residue on hose

On both my 1.8 Ts, the large hose connected to the oil separator is gunked with oil, on the outside. The one with 40k more significantly than the one with 15k. Will be taking 15k to dealer to deal with pcv fumes entering cabin. Other one out of warranty. Any clue what this symptom...
  5. P

WTB 17" VW Wheels

Looking for VW factory wheels. Would consider tire/wheel combo. I run winter wheels, so I only need for summer. Willing to travel or meet for the right match. PM me or post reply thanks.
  6. P

WTB 17' wheels SE Michigan

WTB 17" wheels SE Michigan Looking for VW factory wheels. Would consider tire/wheel combo. I run winter wheels, so I only need for summer. Willing to travel or meet for the right match. PM me or post reply thanks.
  7. P

Wheel upgrade - change struts/springs?

I have a 2017 SportWagen S. Want to go from stock 15s to 17's. Do SportWagen models with stock 17s have different struts or springs? Said differently, do I need to change struts or springs? I know on my old B5.5 Passat, it was recommended to change both, as the larger tires wore down the...
  8. P

Oil on plug thread

1.8 TSI 2016, build date 4/2015. 31K miles. Removed spark plug closest to passenger side. Fresh oil on outlined area of attached pic. Pic is not my plug, but I outlined the area where there was oil. Is this a concern? Thanks. No other issues with engine.
  9. P

Golf v SportWagen 1.8 throttle difference?

I have a 2016 Golf S and a 2017 Sportwagen S, both automatics. My Golf S throttle response is so much more responsive. I thought at first it might be weight, but VW specs have the Wagen less than 100 lbs heavier. I would like the Wagen to exhibit the same characteristics. Are these engines...
  10. P

WTB JB4

Decided to go new. Thanks.
  11. P

Entertainment screen on startup

2017 Sportwagen S. On vehicle startup, when entertainment power is off, sometimes the first display is the radio screen. Radio flashes briefly before defaulting to "Welcome to Volkswagen" message. Does this happen to anyone else and is it normal? It does not occur on my 2016 Golf.
  12. P

Clock Screen behavior

For my 2017 SportWagen, when car is off, I have entertainment screen programmed to show dial clock and date. Under the date, there are 4 horizontal dots. The dot to the far left is much brighter than the other 3. Do the other 3 dots mean there are 3 menus that can be scrolled to? If so, I...
  13. P

A/C Recirc default

Proud new owner of 2017 Sportwagen S. Any time I press RECIRC button, A/C goes on. It's 25 degrees here in Detroit. Normal? If not, I will ask dealer to reprogram. Thanks.
  14. P

Driver Door Rattle

2016 TSI owner since new, 10K miles. When closing driver side door with window fully down, hear a "thud" within the door. The door used to close with a crisp, single noise. The thudding is a second noise, almost like a window track or something is rattling around? Wanted to see if anyone...
  15. P

2002 Passat 15" wheels fitment for snows?

Gents: I have one 2002 Passat wheel brand new. If it fits my 2016 Golf S, I want to pick up 3 more for snows. Current Golf wheels 15" stock Lyon. Passat wheel specs 6J x 15" ET 37, M12 x 1.5 thread. Will confirm matching center bore by actually placing it on the car. Will the Passat...
  16. P

chrome door moldings

Lookiing for silver or chrome door moldings for 5 door. Does anyone have pics of this on a car they can post?
  17. P

regular maintenance

I am considering buying my first Golf with TSI engine. I am used to doing routine maintenance on my cars. Can perform most basic stuff that does not involve air tools. With that being said, what is difficuly level of oil/filter change, spark plugs, TB cleaning? I have my neighbor do brake...
  18. P

Golf MKVII issues, quirks, long term ownership

In the market for a 2016 Golf S or SE. Getting out of a 2001.5 Passat Variant stick, first and only owner. Very impressed with the Golf, fits my budget, needs, driving style. Plan on buying and keeping for some time. Thus, some normal maintenance will be needed. Prefer doing own...