GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Convert Alltrack H11 fog lights to amber LED

I tinted my 2017 Alltrack fog lights with amber (not yellow) film from Lamin-X and they are a nice pure deep orange. I coded them with VCDS to work as DRLs. But they get hot during the day. I've measured 140F even with them set to 25% brightness, and at 25% they're barely even visible. So I...
  2. J

VCDS how to code fog lights to flash with turn signals ?

I have coded my fog lights to be on with DRL and covered them with Lamin-X amber film. I think it does a great job increasing the visibility of the front of the car. But I noticed that the turn signals are barely visible in direct sun, even though I have DRLs to blink with the blinkers! I tried...
  3. J

Alltrack DeAutoKey LED brake light comparison video

I just got a set of DeAutoKey LEDs for my 2017 Alltrack SE. The turn signals are amber but I haven't removed the red filter from the housing. They still look red to me but I've seen comments by others that amber behind red looks weird. I installed them on the left side only and made comparison...
  4. J

VCDS logging for 2017 Alltrack

I just got a HEX-V2 after giving up on the unreliable OBD Eleven and I want to do some logging to see how mods and different octane fuels affect the vehicle's systems. The problem is all the threads I'm finding are referring to parameters that I don't have available. There seems to be...
  5. J

LED DRL to improve visibility to other drivers

I've noticed after owning 9 cars that the darker your vehicle the less other drivers notice you. About a week ago a teen driver failed to see my black Alltrack at a 4 way stop and drove through instead of stopping, nailing my passenger door! I was thinking about just adding some amber marker...
  6. J

Will OBDEleven tweaks interfere with APR Stage 1 tune?

I have a 2017 Alltrack with some tweaks applied, the one that gets rid of "vibration reduction" on the DSG and the one that makes throttle response linear. I also have some others like the air conditioning compressor tweak. I'm planning to get an APR Stage 1 93 octane tune. I asked APR if...
  7. J

Use LED dome light wires to power dashcam

I'm looking for a simple power source for a dashcam without running cables along the headliner and A pillar. So far the one possibility seems to be to cut the wires for one of the LED dome lights and wiring that to a 12v to USB 5v converter tucked up in the console. The problem is I don't know...