GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. XoneDB4

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Technically more of an automatically shifted manual, no? The gearbox itself is mechanically much more similar to a manual than a traditional auto.
  2. XoneDB4

What did you do to your mk7 today?

This is the only one I have on my phone - can take more angles if you’re interested. The phone just clicks straight on with the case and charges.
  3. XoneDB4

Before you take the plunge on quad lock, I use a proclip with a Pitaka aramid phone case and Qi magnetic wireless charging mount. The case is unbelievably thin considering it has a metal plate in it for the magnets, whereas the quad lock case is pretty bulky. I had to hack the mount backing a...
  4. XoneDB4

Washed the bugs off the windscreen - first of many times I’ll be doing that this summer...
  5. XoneDB4

Autosol metal polish to start with, which probably would have done fine by itself but I finished off with brasso as I had some in the cupboard. It took some elbow grease to get the soot off but the road grime came away easily. Buff off afterwards with a clean dry cloth and it came back to a...
  6. XoneDB4

Polished my exhaust tips for the first time after 5k miles of winter driving on damp and salty roads. RIP microfibre cloth...
  7. XoneDB4

Wow, you bought the $6.99 performance pack? Is the power gain noticeable? How’s that diff compared to stock?
  8. XoneDB4

Not meaning to be picky, but the fact that you’ve found a solution clearly means you’ve wanted to know, even if only infrequently...
  9. XoneDB4

That could well be it. Over here it’s the opposite - though that’s changing. A quick google tells me that in 2004, 17.6% of cars sold in the UK had an automatic transmission whereas now it’s more like a third thanks to more sophisticated boxes matching the responsiveness, drivability and fuel...
  10. XoneDB4

Mainly to avoid the WTF moments when you put your foot down and nothing happens because it thought you were going to do something different.
  11. XoneDB4

It puzzles me why this isn’t standard in NAR vehicles - is there a reason? It’s standard on our European models and it would have driven me mad coming from a manual going into a DSG that won’t tell me which gear I’m in.
  12. XoneDB4

AC dehumidifies the air as well as just cooling it so even if it’s freezing outside, AC helps defog the interior glass.
  13. XoneDB4

Pit stops in racing.

I was wrong - the record is 1.92s https://youtu.be/7VCYBtx6h4g
  14. XoneDB4

Pit stops in racing.

Nascar still uses multiple nuts on each wheel and a big can of fuel?? Get centre locks and a fire proof hose for flip’s sake! Doesn’t that result in giant fuel fires all the time? F1 eventually banned mid-race refuelling after various incidents like this: https://youtu.be/1TnFLw0opMI Prior...
  15. XoneDB4

What are you drinking?

All tequila is technically Mezcal.
  16. XoneDB4

Ah, that’s what confused me! Yes, it’s a 7.5 facelift with performance pack & DSG, not a clubsport (though the new fog light housings are certainly reminiscent of the CS). I love this car!
  17. XoneDB4

Got her cleaned, so the rest of the car is now as shiny as the new mirror caps! Also fitted front wind deflectors. They’re Italian G3 deflectors which you can get on amazon and eBay for the mk7 in the UK but only for the front windows. If you fit them properly (push them all the way up into...
  18. XoneDB4

Fitted OEM black mirror caps A Pitaka magnetic wireless charging mount on a mk7 specific Brodit ProClip (which I highly recommend for iPhone X owners if you buy the accompanying case). It’s currently plugged into the 12V socket but I’m going to hardwire it in through the back of the storage...