GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. mongorie

Long Term Spark Plug Thoughts

I listened. Rutheriums are good and cheap. Also they aren't as common so will be faked less.I can buy 3 sets of rutheriums for the price of a set of rs7 plugs.
  2. mongorie

Must do OBD11 Modifications?

Disable stop start so I can use a normal lead battery. I also did brake bias settings which used the back brakes more. Before they were cool to touch after a hard drive,now they burn you.
  3. mongorie

Mamba Wastegate Actuator on EQT Turbo

I'm glad I don't need to fiddle with the wastegate again. I think the DV melted when I didn't adapt the actuator the first time correctly.
  4. mongorie

I replaced my DV ,it's was melted badly
  5. mongorie

Not on the world market gti. Pic of the voltages:
  6. mongorie

So i changed the voltage to 3.55v and did a 3rd gear pull, doesnt seem much different. https://datazap.me/u/mongorie/355v-is20-actuator-eqt-vortex-standard-3rd-gear-pull?log=0&data=8-13
  7. mongorie

Damn,looks like I need to drop the voltage down again.Shouldnt take too long now I have experience....
  8. mongorie

My last log was a 3rd gear run,hits target boost at around 3800
  9. mongorie

Will 3.5 be better tho? It's much better than the mahle actuator as it is. If I can get around 24psi at 3000 rpm it would be awesome. Comparing to bippity's log it seems to hit peak around the same rpm.
  10. mongorie

I got my old is20 actuator put in place of the Eqt actuator and it seems so much better.Took me a couple of hours adjusting it with engine running to get to 3.75. Adapt semi failed but seem to acknowledge voltage. I position end stops for 5 secs,user abort and go to first adapt. Switch off and...
  11. mongorie

This is my second revision, hot ambient temps with 3.9v wastegate (cannot adapt) https://datazap.me/u/mongorie/v2-tc-3rd?log=0&data=8-13
  12. mongorie

Damn that's impressive, what are your ambient temps?
  13. mongorie

MK7 GTI PP ECU Bricked?

Nope, it was just a revision to my v2 tune, more boost and timings. Maybe they went over the limits) parameters. Is your car also world market like mine?
  14. mongorie

MK7 GTI PP ECU Bricked?

It be my 3rd time once I get the file, did you manage to get your new tune to work?
  15. mongorie

MK7 GTI PP ECU Bricked?

Shazz, what revision where you on when this happened? I was on rev3. I was totally in panic mode , thinking about how much a ECU would cost and time to pair it up with my car.Luckily Cobb can send a reset key so I can start over, not going to try the v3 file a third time lol.
  16. mongorie

MK7 GTI PP ECU Bricked?

This happened to me yesterday when I tried to flash my v3 Eqt tune. Got my ap reset, flash Cobb ots no problem,but when I tried v3 Eqt same thing. Looks like I need to reset my ap and go v2 for now.
  17. mongorie

Cobb AP or stick with unitronic

Don't do what I did, 2015 bought gti went Uni stage1, 2018 Apr stg1,2019 Apr stg1 free with downpipe, finally 2020 Cobb with Eqt. Last mod just last week was Eqt standard. I didn't have many options in 2015, you do now.
  18. mongorie

Because I cannot adapt it. Position end stops fail too.