GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Clutch Upgrade After DP + Tune - When?

How soon after going stage 2 (DP + Tune) did everyone feel the need to upgrade their clutch to stage 2? I've been stage 1 (Tune) for almost a year with no issues and considering going stage 2 (DP + Tune) in the next few weeks. My contact at the dealership advised me to start saving up for a...
  2. M

What hobbies do you have

Try the Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light series. It isn't multiplayer, but a fantastic series none the less. I was completely immersed.
  3. M

What hobbies do you have

Ultimate frisbee
  4. M

Clicking Sound

Upon start up, I hear a rather loud "clicking" sound coming from behind the ignition port. Any takers?
  5. M

Sloppy gearbox?

I've hit the 13K mile marker on my manual mk7, first manual car ever. 3K tuned on APR stage 1. I've started to "miss" some shifts, with the shifter hitting the spaces between the odd numbered gears. Is it just me, or is the gear box some what sloppy? Does a short shifter tighten the box up...
  6. M

Heel-Toe

I've got the APR stage 1 tune. I asked for the dealership to enable left foot braking in order to get the heel toe down. They said they didn't know how to enable it. Now, I can press the throttle down and raise my RPM's while depressing the break, but I could do this before the tune. I'm...
  7. M

Scratch Removal

A while back I got nailed by a drunk driver while parked. Insurance covered everything. I decided to have my buddy fix the car for half the price, and used the other half for a tune. The only remnants are minor paint scratches. As I cannot see the underlying black coating that all our mk7 body...
  8. M

APR Stage 1 Review

Got the APR stage one tune today. It's incredible. Although I did have to sign an e-waiver that I won't run down APR if my turbo blows, which was strange and somewhat off putting. I have a rev Q turbo, 11K miles on the car. S edition, non-PP. There is no clutch slip with the tune for me. I find...
  9. M

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Getting stage 1 today! Super pumped.
  10. M

Need help with pricing

Anyone care to share the amount they paid for upgraded tires and installation (all 4 tires)? I just got quoted for around $1000 for four Michelin PSS's.
  11. M

Need Stage 1 Advice

I'm planning going APR stage 1 at a dealership this week end. I have some spare cash on hand and I'm considering ordering a golf R FMIC and self installing however on the other hand I could skip the FMIC and get four Michelin PSS tire's for a little more money. What I'm thinking (and please...
  12. M

Paint Code

This should probably be under cosmetics, but I know I'll get a response here quicker. Where can I find the paint code on my Mk7?
  13. M

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Installed a DV+ and an APR TMD this morning. Next up, fix fender (hit by drunk driver while parked), APR Stage 1 tune, and then tint. And yes, I have all that money saved up ��
  14. M

Average Lifetime of a tuned engine/Plug-and-Play Module's

This is my first post. First and foremost, I want to thank all of you who'll read this now and in the future. I've spent countless hours scouring this forum, and if not for all of you, senior members especially, I'd be loads less informed than I am now. I've recently hit 10K miles on my MT MK7...