GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

2015 Golf Match 1.6TDi - Misting up terribly

Ok, so my wife has been having some problems with her Nov 2015 Golf Match 1.6 TDi misting up and taking an absolute age to demist. I have attached a video clip to demonstrate the extent of the problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_m_B435iOJYr As you can see aircon is on, recirc is off...
  2. G

Hill hold not releasing - annoying/dangerous

Over the past few months there seems to be a problem with the hill-hold feature on our 2015 Golf Match (1.6 TDi). When stopped and I try to move off, the brakes won't release. No amount of revs or torque from the engine will move the car. I have to engage and then disengage the clutch again...
  3. G

PICS - Spot what's wrong with my new bumper?

Hi all, Had a minor prang (other party's fault) in December and wife's car went into the local VW dealer's bodyshop 2 weeks ago to have a bumper re-spray. Came back a few days later, looking good as new. However, over the last fortnight, she has been complaining that the ACC has been...
  4. G

Disconnected passenger airbag key switch - now light on

Hi all, Quick question. I hardwired my dashcam and satnav into the car earlier. I had to pop off the dash 'side panel' to get access to a ground point etc, and in the process (without thinking) I unplugged the passenger airbag key switch. Now the airbag light is lit on the dash. What do...
  5. G

(UK) Crash - 1 month old Golf :(

Approaching a roundabout on Christmas evening, came to a stop and suddenly the guy in a van in front reverses straight into the front of us. Says he realised he needed to be in the left lane, and didn't see us. Then proceeded to drive off, I followed and he then came to a stop in the fast lane...
  6. G

Dashcam = no DAB reception ?

I installed an E-Prance dashcam in my Golf last week. Great bit of kit. For now the power supply lead goes down the rubber seal down the left hand side A pillar, under the passenger seat (RHD uk car) and into the cigarette lighter socket her the handbrake. However it's playing havoc with my...
  7. G

Best replacement tyres for GTD?

In the next few months I'll be needing some new rubber on the front of the GTD :rolleyes: Came with Bridgestones from the factory and, whilst I hated them at first (terrible traction in the wet), as they've worn I think they've got better... However, as for replacements, are the...
  8. G

GTD engine trouble...

Driving home tonight, accelerating away from a roundabout I noticed a flicker of orange on the dash out of the corner of my eye. Assuming it was just the traction control light (a common occurrence on these Bridgestone tyres), I ignored it but a few seconds later I noticed it was actually the...
  9. G

Front assist...

I have never been able to get front assist to work... It's definitely switched on. Sometimes I get the little logo with the 2 cars and the exclamation mark if I'm too close to the car in front, but that's all. 2 questions: - if I drive up behind someone, (at a roundabout for example), I've...
  10. G

Are the GTD wheels polished or diamond cut?

As title really - what finish are the GTD wheels? Looking at getting some Wolf Deironiser for cleaning and want to make sure it won't damage 'em!! Cheers :)
  11. G

BW47 - anyone else?

Just wondering if anyone else was BW47 (wb 18th Nov)? What stage is yours at? My tracker is still saying "in transit", with 3 weeks to go, so it's most likely sitting at Emden port awaiting a boat, but has been there nearly 2 weeks now :( Been looking on MarineTraffic.com and both the Weser...
  12. G

Can anyone tell me tyre sizes from car/handbook?

As I'm still waiting for my GTD to arrive, I'm trying to find out what wheel/tyre sizes are officially recommended by VW so I can organise winter tyres in advance, and I don't want to go outside manufacturer's recommendations for insurance purposes. If it's not too much of a pain, could anyone...
  13. G

Will these wheels fit my GTD?

I have a chance to grab this set of 7Jx16 alloys (from a '54 Audi A6) for not a lot of money. Question is - will they fit my GTD? I don't have the faintest idea about mountings, offsets etc, but the web says that car should have had a 5x112 bolt pattern, 57.1 centre bore, 42 or 45 offset...
  14. G

Winter wheels/tyres

With my new GTD arriving next week, and the cold weather looking like it's here to stay, added to the fact everyone's saying this winter's gonna be a bad one, I've started to think about winter tyres. I had them on my BMW (an absolute necessity for RWD imo), but do many people use them on...
  15. G

Upgrade Composition to Discovery?

Just wondering how difficult it would be to upgrade my standard Composition stereo to the Discovery or even the discovery pro unit? Would most of the loom/wiring already be there and it would just need the new unit and obviously the surround/bezel (if going to Discovery Pro), or would there be...
  16. G

Mk7 GTD - hooking car up to a laptop...

For my last car, I had a USB>>OBD2 cable and software which I can use to look at fault codes, running statistics etc Is there something similar for the Golf Mk7, specifically the GTD? I see VAGCOM on eBay, but someone told me it doesn't work with the newer CANBUS cars? Cheers
  17. G

GTD tuning but keeping warranty?

Hello all, I've been weighing up the options for getting a bit more poke out of my GTD, and have been looking at remaps, tuning boxes etc.. I'm wary of anything that isn't removable (ie: a full remap) just in case the car has to go in for any servicing, warranty work etc, so am probably...