GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. O

Claimed MPG: how to get there

I think I've worked this out. Having done 3000 miles (not a lot i know) using ECO mode and driving pretty sedately with wife and child in back I got nowhere near the claimed 60/65 mpg (my pb was 45mpg). However, I notice that you can boost things by allowing the car to 'coast' a bit more than...
  2. O

Keyless, De-icing and Security

I needed to de-ice the car last weekend, and had to leave it running to get heat up inside. I closed car and went back in house to get more bags where wife shouted, "don't leave it unlocked and running". I said I was sure you couldn't drive away without key, which she made me prove by taking...
  3. O

Insurance

Just spoken to Admiral about renewing current MK5 GT Sport and situation when take delivery of new Mk 7 GT in September. Lady ran new quote but figure much higher than that given to me in May when I checked before ordering the car. Odd given raft of new safety features (ADC, Front assist...
  4. O

Sun Blinds

Awaiting delivery of Silver GT 140 TSI ACT DSG and wondering whether the made-to-measure pop-in rear sun blinds I saw on showroom car were worth the £167 I'm being quoted or whether others available are just as good but cheaper.