GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. O

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

Is there anywhere to get a good deal on the TCR muffler these days? Wish I'd bought one when they were cheap but figured I could always grab one later...now they seem to be $$$
  2. O

Chicagoland Chat Thread

If you want more than just washing (polish, clay, correction, coatings, etc.), this guy works out of his garage in stickney and I had a good experience with him doing my ceramic coating: http://ericthedetailguy.com/
  3. O

Chicagoland Chat Thread

Looking to do my first ever track day this spring. Any thoughts on the novice instruction/resources at Autobahn CC vs Road America vs Blackhawk Farms?
  4. O

Seems to me like you could do a length of reducer pipe like this and 2 clamps: Then if you want to go back to stock, you just swap for an equal length piece of straight tube. I would assume a decent muffler shop could make such a piece if you can't find one online with either a swager or...
  5. O

Roof rack marks - How boned am I?

Template extends for the metal bracket.
  6. O

Hopefully attaching it here works. When you print, make sure you print at 100% scale rather than shrink to fit (although it is big enough to still give you wiggle room on attachment points). I just printed 4 copies, stuck them to the backing of the PPF with a glue stick, and cut them out...
  7. O

Googling around, I see a lot of 63mm to 60mm reducers. I think you could then do it with 2 clamps.
  8. O

Oh no--I was just about to buy one. Kept adding it to the cart but not pulling the trigger because I didn't really know which shipping to choose or how to deal with Eacca. Guess I should have taken the 15 minutes to do the research!
  9. O

Is there a different clamp/adapter that would have worked?
  10. O

I cut some PPF and put it where the feet go. I used a template I found online for the whispbar feet, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out yourself. compound and polish out the marks and then put some PPF on and they will be fine. I have found it makes installing/removing faster because...
  11. O

Whispbar Roof Rack Foot Position

I got mine to a place I am happy with and I'll try to remember to take a picture the next time I put them on (will probably be a while given the whole virus situation). Yours look about right. One thing I realized is that the ends of the lower lip portion of the foot are tapered, so if you see...
  12. O

Official Cornflower Blue GTI / Golf Thread

Here it is with my silver/gray winter wheels: They are 17" Sport Edition A15 in Matte Titanium. I had 3dcarstickers.com make some VW decals with a 67mm diameter to put on the center caps. Admittedly, they are growing on me and I am starting to be less sure about putting the black prets back...
  13. O

I like the sound of this. Any further confirmation on fitment issues with a rabbit edition? Can it be installed with a clamp or am I going to need to expand my existing tubing?
  14. O

Whispbar Roof Rack Foot Position

Does anyone have a photo or some guidance on how exactly the whispbar feet should sit on my roof? (not forwards/backwards but rather how long to set the bars) Am I aiming to get the thicker section up against the "gutter" or do I want it a bit shorter?
  15. O

Roof rack removal without a key

The OEM racks should have thule cylinder cores, although yakima cores are basically the same thing in a slightly different shape. They should be pretty easy to pick, and once they are open, you can remove the cylinder with a "control key". From there you can read off the number and order a...