GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. zwalk

Low speed squeak I can’t identify

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? https://youtube.com/shorts/fDmbZIonX34?si=mgJWr5tcjVkB4CMN I found one thread talking about it being the rear brakes. I have replaced my front brakes and calipers. I did repaint the rears but not replace the pads or anything. It’s been around for...
  2. zwalk

Misfire Cylinder 2 after sitting 9 days, non-recurring

Hey guys. I have a misfire in cylinder 2 that showed up on my accessport. It was the first time I had turned the car on in 9 days. It sounded louder when I turned it on and was rougher as well, then smoothed out, I am due for a plug change on this oil change (10k) I may move the coil packs as...
  3. zwalk

Log help, fuel cut? Or something else?

Anyone adept at reading logs able to see if they see a fuel cut, or anything strange in this log. https://datazap.me/u/zwalk/is38-18t-0?log=0&data=16 I was driving back from lunch with my wife and gave it the beans to make a light and got either a really hard shift or a fuel cut at high RPM...
  4. zwalk

GTi Airbag cover sourcing?

I want to upgrade the steering wheel in my is38 Wagon to a GTi/R style wheel. I see a lot of wheels for sale but I would need an airbag cover to install my airbag in on that wheel. I havent been able to find one that isnt "custom" and wildly expensive.
  5. zwalk

Slight Buzz under load, minor, but present. Thought I fixed it, Recent DP install

Hey guys. So I got a new DP installed recently, the catalyst from my IE pipe was delaminating inside the housing. As you can see the new DP had some heat shield clearance issues. Today I went out and worked on the heat shield as well as the knee turbo side and made some space. As you can...
  6. zwalk

WTB: HID Headlights/Housings MK7.5

Looking for one with black accent, or silver
  7. zwalk

Light rattle sound on acceleration

Hey guys, Just curious if any of you experience a light rattle under acceleration. It’ll be hard to video but I’m going to try and get one tomorrow. Occasionally under load it’s a little more pronounced but it’s usually quiet enough I need to listen for it and have the radio off. I had read...
  8. zwalk

MK7 Front Caliper Guide Pin Help!

Hey guys, So when I was upgrading my 288mm calipers to 312mm calipers, I bought the calipers from Rockauto. The hardware they gave me was wildly bad, it snapped inside the new slide pins they gave me with one of the calipers. I was so scared of the hardware I removed the bolt from the side I...
  9. zwalk

Hood sitting uneven

Hey guys, So it took me a year to realize my hood is uneven 🤦🏽‍♂️ When I bought it they showed me some small paint imperfections and said it was from a tarp getting stuck on the front of it on the highway and I didn’t really bat an eye It honestly doesn’t bug me all that much, but I’d rather...
  10. zwalk

Carpet Removal, MK7.5

Hey guys, Anyone have any insight or tips on how to get the MK7.5 carpet up in the front cabin? I have pulled seats, just not sure how I can get under the carpet. I was going to put some Noico 80 mil under there. I have it in my spare well and under my back seats, never got around to finishing...
  11. zwalk

Anyone have a good DIY for the HPFP/Vacuum Pump?

Possibly upgrading to a GTi HPFP on my Golf. Anyone have a DIY for this that I could follow stepwise? It doesn’t look super complicated, I just want to make sure I don’t wind up spending 3 hours trying to get the cam to line up like another member here mentioned they did. IS38 isn’t getting...
  12. zwalk

“Siped” tires - Not from factory.

So I purchased some tires used with a recent DOT date. 9/32nds, I’ve had great luck before with this company. One of them was damaged and they’re giving me my money back for the 1 of 2 that had issues. Now to the other 2, I took a chance with a local company, and was rewarded the way I...
  13. zwalk

What seats can fit with minimal modification in a MK7

I have a GSW with the base cloth seats. It’s a 2018. I’d love to upgrade the seats, but it’s difficult to find reasonably priced GTi seats or Golf R seats in my area. Do CC seats fit? Or Jetta? Just curious. The CC seats look nice and like they have Better bolstering. Considered MK6 sears...
  14. zwalk

G-Plus Bicooler Review - MK7.5 Golf Sportwagen

G-Plus Bicooler Review: I don't really write reviews often but I know I've seen questions about FMIC/Non Stock Location coolers on GSWs/ATs. I also have had kind of a hard time finding GSW specific information/fitment. I bought this because I am notoriously cheap and I had an IS38 installed. I...
  15. zwalk

MK6 312mm Calipers on MK7.5 Golf

Hey guys, I picked up some MK6 Calipers for my golf wagon, I was under the impression they fit. Inspecting them now that they’re at my home they seem quite different, can anyone counsel me on if these will fit. May be a live and learn situation where I buy new calipers 😓
  16. zwalk

Cobb Accessport V3 w/ DSG Unlock

Asking 650 shipped. Includes case, faceplate, and sticky mount. VLK-002-DSG DSG unlocked. Dm or comment with any questions! I have not sold much that I can remember over the years on this forum but I can provide Facebook Marketplace, OfferUp, and EBay to ease your mind. Happy to FaceTime/video...
  17. zwalk

Help with fitment on 17's, 235/45 or 245/45 on 17x8.5 et 42

I just bought some Motegi M146 SS6 18x8.5 et42 wheels. I am on H&R sports I was planning on getting 245/45/17's for these wheels but I'd really like to avoid rubbing. would a 235/45/17 be more suited for the wheel size? I dont really want them to be smaller than my current wheels/tires as you...
  18. zwalk

Cobb Accessport V3 w/DSG

Asking 650 shipped. Includes case, faceplate, and sticky mount. DSG unlocked. Dm or comment with any questions! I have not sold much that I can remember over the years on this forum but I can provide Facebook Marketplace, OfferUp, and EBay to ease your mind. Happy to FaceTime/video the AP in...
  19. zwalk

WTT: Austin’s with DWS06+ for 17’s Seattle Area:

Title, Austin’s with DWS06+, no bends or curbage, in great shape. Tires purchased this year.
  20. zwalk

Please delete

delete