GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is a VCDS Bleed Necessary???

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
Will it "renew" the fluid in the ABS unit? I don't know. I'm just sharing the recommended maintenance procedure from the factory manual.
My guess is that maybe *everything* doesn't necessarily get flushed out of the ABS unit with the non-VCDS bleed, but it's sufficient to keep everything working properly. And if you do it every two years, whatever might not get flushed is always mixed in with fresh new stuff so as to keep the boiling point sufficiently high.

kevin ninja

Car(s)
vw golf gtd mk7.5
Will it "renew" the fluid in the ABS unit? I don't know. I'm just sharing the recommended maintenance procedure from the factory manual.
My guess is that maybe *everything* doesn't necessarily get flushed out of the ABS unit with the non-VCDS bleed, but it's sufficient to keep everything working properly. And if you do it every two years, whatever might not get flushed is always mixed in with fresh new stuff so as to keep the boiling point sufficiently high.
i replaced fluid at 3 years old and due again this year, thankyou for your reply.

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion
I was able to get to about 27psi with a Motive pressure bleeder; it did the job with the bleeding and following the "fill" process in VCDS or ODIS. But to get the pedal to really firm up, I had to do the post-bleed process that's described in the manual.
What is the fill process and post bleed process?

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
VCDS just has a function in BASIC SETTINGS that says "fill" (or something like that - been a few years and can't remember all those details).

Post-bleed is just your old-fashioned someone stomps the pedal, another person opens/closes bleed screw, pedal is let back up. Repeat 7-10x per wheel.