GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

torga

Autocross Champion
GTI/R's do look good in Red. My old corvette was red but that's bc the popular colors were more $$$$. I usually roll white or grey. Had two black vehicles and that was enough for me I think.

Black is one of the most beautiful colors on a car. Problem is, it's the one that requires the most effort to actually look as beautiful as it can.

Rains for 0.3 seconds? Filthy.
Following too close to the car in front? Filthy.
Touched the wrong spot closing your door? Filthy.
More than 2mph wind in the parking lot? Filthy.

Look at it the wrong way?
5r2a7j.jpg

I love seeing pristine, deep, glassy black cars at shows. You can really see into your own soul when you look at those cars. I still haven't figured out how to properly take a photo of a perfectly black car. It just never, ever looks that way I see it in real life. Lacks the depth.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Black is one of the most beautiful colors on a car. Problem is, it's the one that requires the most effort to actually look as beautiful as it can.

Rains for 0.3 seconds? Filthy.
Following too close to the car in front? Filthy.
Touched the wrong spot closing your door? Filthy.
More than 2mph wind in the parking lot? Filthy.

Look at it the wrong way?
View attachment 228378

I love seeing pristine, deep, glassy black cars at shows. You can really see into your own soul when you look at those cars. I still haven't figured out how to properly take a photo of a perfectly black car. It just never, ever looks that way I see it in real life. Lacks the depth.
Lmao, exactly. I remember hand washing my car, then some headlights hit it from the side and you could see streaks galore.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I just went to "Take 5 Oil Change" to get my state inspection done.

A young dude walks up to my car and explains they have two oil changes ahead of me(which take 10 minutes each), and then another state inspection(additional 10 minutes) if I wanted to wait. He then explains that only his manager does the inspections. I just said meh no thanks I'll come back later. n00bs

torga

Autocross Champion
"Wow, I didn't know this was Take 40 Oil Change"

And then you just leave and never come back.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
tiguan hit 125k, will pass the mk6 in mileage by summer time. tried out this liquimoly engine flush people have been talking about, hoping i see some kind of measurable difference with it. I wonder how it compares to the old Transmission fluid engine clean trick i used on my Jeep's 4L I6 every once in a while. On the drive home from work today I got an awful noise coming from the rear passenger side. thinking i am seeing a bad wheel bearing here.

Weekend plans, anyone?

Phur

Autocross Champion
tiguan hit 125k, will pass the mk6 in mileage by summer time. tried out this liquimoly engine flush people have been talking about, hoping i see some kind of measurable difference with it. I wonder how it compares to the old Transmission fluid engine clean trick i used on my Jeep's 4L I6 every once in a while. On the drive home from work today I got an awful noise coming from the rear passenger side. thinking i am seeing a bad wheel bearing here.

Weekend plans, anyone?
No idea in weekend plans. I am on week one of three weeks of vacation. We went to one of our favorite hiking locations today, about 3 1/2 hours away. Awesome 5 mile hike. Dinner at one of our favorite gyro places on the way home.
1634795853244.jpeg

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
No weekend plans.

I spent way more than I had anticipated on the car on mods recently. Started with a rotor upgrade and now I've got rotors, pads, lines, fluid, Tyrolsport stiffening kit, new intake and intercooler. Think I'll scoop a LPFP for Christmas and go Stage 2+.
Sell the stiffening kit and recoup some money. It's a gimmick mod, makes absolutely zero difference except for the slide pins bind up faster and need more frequent servicing.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Tons of people say they really like this mod. Can you elaborate more?
Placebo is real. I bought it years ago before I had a bbk trying to improve the shitty stock brakes. After the install during the test drive I immediately thought it was a waste of money because it felt exactly the same. Fast forward 3 months to sticking calipers because they constantly need to be re greased. I bought a bbk and never looked back.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Placebo is real. I bought it years ago before I had a bbk trying to improve the shitty stock brakes. After the install during the test drive I immediately thought it was a waste of money because it felt exactly the same. Fast forward 3 months to sticking calipers because they constantly need to be re greased. I bought a bbk and never looked back.
Worse case scenario I just pull them back out, no?