GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

torga

Autocross Champion

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Ooooh, I like the felt. Wrapped it yourself?
Yeah I had some felt left over that I got on Amazon few years ago . I cut out some stencils out of paper for the sides and bottom.
Then started with the bottom and worked around. I was thinking about doing a single piece but it would have been impossible to put in. The felt was really easy to work with , I did have to cut small squares for the top corners to finish it of.
I would recommend peeling part of the backing line it up with a corner and then pull back the rest. Also make sure to cut the felt a bit longer so it can overlap on the edges.This also made the fit more snug.
I'm really happy the way it turned out, consider that this was the first time I did this.

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
As promised here's my review on the BSH and the Neuspeed Throttle pipes. Haven't been around much lately, got a promotion at work and no longer have the time to check the forums during the day, and working 10 hour days with my 2 hour commute now.

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/inde...le-pipe-versus-neuspeed-throttle-pipe.383818/

Today I opened a package I got this week for the start of track season............first I replaced and updated my track stickers for the new tracks I ran last year. Starting my second row!! My goal is to fill the window. LOL

And new magnetic numbers, all official and professional, no more boring static cling numbers only.

Love it, I put the track decals from the tracks I've ran at on mine too. Would like to get some magnetic numbers too eventually. So much easier than taping them on

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
:sneaky:Found out (after an extensive search) it's not my rms that's leaking.. Yeah!!

It's the upper timing chain cover gasket and the pcv hose o-ring.

So whew, but awwwwwww :oops:

torga

Autocross Champion
:sneaky:Found out (after an extensive search) it's not my rms that's leaking.. Yeah!!

It's the upper timing chain cover gasket and the pcv hose o-ring.

So whew, but awwwwwww :oops:
My upper timing cover seal made me think my RMS and oil pan were leaking. That one's a tricky sumbitch.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Dropped car off to have:

Rear passenger dust shield and wheel hub/bearing replaced.

Front grill stripes vinyl wrapped due to fading.

3M film applied to my newer Bi-xenon LED headlights that I meant to do 2 years ago when I updated them to the 2012 style.

Rear bumper reflectors having honeycomb Badgeskins applied.
IMG_5901.jpeg
IMG_5902.JPG

Last edited:

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Here it is, my amazing $30 catchcan installed. Check it out nerds:

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
im thinking of just driving the entire front end into a pool filled with simple green to clean the engine bay. thoughts?

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Late night project , I'll let it sit overnight and apply some ceramic coating spray in the morning and attach the badge fully. Klii badge underlay. Deep Black Pearl Metallic

Attachments

• PXL_20210417_042648801.jpg
    PXL_20210417_042648801.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 89
  • PXL_20210417_043223556~2.jpg
    PXL_20210417_043223556~2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 98
  • PXL_20210417_072028808.jpg
    PXL_20210417_072028808.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 67
  • PXL_20210417_072057268.jpg
    PXL_20210417_072057268.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
But....what if the pcv fails? Or does this bypass the valve? Lol
This uses the stock PCV. When you're driving your car hard you build up pressure in the crank case which is released through the PCV. The PCV then recirculates that pressurized air into your Intake Manifold. That air contains a mix of fuel, oil and water that gets deposited on the backs of your Intake valves.

This catch can system reroutes that path so instead of depositing the gook on your valves it deposits it in the catch can.

If the PCV fails, it fails and you build up crank case pressure. This catchcan doesn't stop that.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion