GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by WFox93

1. WFox93

WFox's Autocross Journal

lol that slight "Ching, ching ching" noise when I turn is my left cubby full of quarters.
  2. WFox93

WFox's Autocross Journal

Hey there David and David! Awesome meeting you @xXDavidCXx and glad we got Zemon to join the forum. Wealth of knowledge on here. Anyway, an update for everyone else. This weekend was an awesome one. St. Louis got to host its first MiDiv in 15 years from what I hear. Pretty sweet two day...
  3. WFox93

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

This is my home lot and I've only seen it happen once in 3 years, even then I don't think course design should catch most of the blame but I don't know the details so I'll refrain from discussion on that one. Our designers generally do a good job of keeping us away from them.
  4. WFox93

WFox's Autocross Journal

Here are a couple pics of my car and a couple others that show off this hump. Seriously could have been a crossover day with the local RallyX club lol And credit where credit is due. Photos were by RainbowMarksPhotography. RainbowMarks.com (I cropped for size and lost his watermark)
  5. WFox93

WFox's Autocross Journal

I'm on H&R OE Sports. I'll have to go find the event photos that show off just how much this hump was punishing the cars. The video doesn't really do it justice
  6. WFox93

WFox's Autocross Journal

uhh, I think one of us missed something. The car is basically as built as its getting, complete with an extra set of wheels and Falken RT660s, Koni Sports, Eibach rear bar and moog endlinks. Its also on a customer street tune from Panda Motorworks. I decided against camber plates at the time...
  7. WFox93

WFox's Autocross Journal

Got my car on the alignment rack at SPS Performance Garage today. Confirmed that everything looks healthy but the front right was out a bit. Went ahead and got everything squared back up and and all is right in the world.
  8. WFox93

WFox's Autocross Journal

Well today's event could have certainly gone better. I retired after only 3 out of 5 or 6 runs. Hast some nasty suspension noises happening. There was a large hump in the course where I think I was bottoming out. My alignment is all out of whack now but there doesn't seem to be any damage and I...
  9. WFox93

Replacement Shift Boot Trim *Nevermind*

Yeah, What I found ended up not being right after some further digging. Think I'm just gonna slap the old one back in and if it moves too much or rattles, use some tape like Daks mentioned. and wait patiently for a part out. Its not like I don't "rehome" this thing at least twice a year anyway...
  10. WFox93

Yeah, I was not about to buy the whole assembly for close to 200 bucks. I found just the trim piece under some different terms lol
  11. WFox93

So I pulled my shift boot up today to "rehome" my shifter and managed to break the two clips that hold the silver trim piece in. I was able to pull it off the boot base to bring it inside but having no luck finding it using the numbers on the trim. All I can find is the whole shifter assembly...
  12. WFox93

ECS Hatch Pop Kit - SOLD

DM'd
  13. WFox93

WFox's Autocross Journal

Yep, this will be it. I'm very much excited for that event, looking forward to seeing some new cars and new faces
  14. WFox93

WFox's Autocross Journal

The Fk510s were great on the road, they just couldn't cope with what I wanted them to do in AutoX. All of the videos from the early bit of this thread were on Continental DWS06s and before I knew anything about throttle control. So its not so much that I disliked the fk510s but more so that I...
  15. WFox93

WFox's Autocross Journal

wow, I thought I posted at least once last year. I guess not lol Lets see, changes made last year were the clutch, tune, I think I did a front mount intercooler last year and ran koni yellows with H&R OE Sport springs. Was a good time but definitely chose the wrong tires (falken FK510). Last...