GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ubermick

1. ubermick

SOLD: *Single* Silver 19 inch Pretoria Wheel (SoCal) - Like new

Don't suppose you have three more like it? ;)
  2. ubermick

WTT - OEM 19" Black Pretorias for OEM 19" Silver Pretorias

Like it says on the tin. Have a set of 19" black Pretoria wheels on my R, currently sitting at about 5,500 miles. Zero rash or damage. Looking to swap 'em for the same wheels in silver which I think looks a bit better on the indium grey. Located in the SF Bay Area.
  3. ubermick

BMS JB4 R specific thread

It's the new generation of the MQB engine, which will probably be on the Mk8. Has a MAF sensor on the intake so a different wiring harness is needed for the JB4 (doesn't tap into the AFR wire)
  4. ubermick

Figured as much. In terms of it being the same unit, how universal is that? For example, is the Mk 6 Jetta JB4 (I guess Group 4?) the exact same as all of 'em, or does it at least have to be specified to the MQB. Or is it "Seriously, all VW JB4 units are the same."
  5. ubermick

Quick questions about used vs. new. I have a buddy that bought a JB4 and BT unit for his S3 that he never installed that he's willing to sell me for a great price. (Sold the car before he installed it.) First - given that its new/never installed is the warranty still valid if I get it from...
  6. ubermick

[SOLD] JB4 w/ modified aluminum casing and bluetooth

Oh I’m gonna fuckin’ RIOT in a minute!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:
  7. ubermick

FS: JB4 & Data Cable

PM sent.
  8. ubermick

[SOLD] JB4 w/ modified aluminum casing and bluetooth

Getting in line for this myself. Although with a Washington Stater in front of me, don't like my chances.
  9. ubermick

OBDELEVEN

Anyone got something for the current gear while in automatic mode, displaying on the digital dash in the Mk 7.5? I dunno if its standard in the UK, but seen a vid where the guy has it and I WANTS IT!!!
  10. ubermick

OEM 19in Pretoria Wheels

I actually bought them from the OP - but unbeknownst to him, two of the wheels had a fairly bad wobble that my dealer found when the tires were peeled off. Contacted him to let him know, and he drove six hours to my home, refunded me 100%, and apologized profusely. Was bummed they didn't work...
  11. ubermick

Wheel refurbing in the Bay Area?

Hey all - so picked up a set of rims last week at a decent price, but they're a bit rashed up and need a little TLC. Anyone recommend a shop in the Bay Area, preferably North Bay that can tidy them up? One's pristine, one has a little rash I could live with, but the other two are a bit iffy to...
  12. ubermick

WTB: 19 Silver Pretorias (SF Bay Area)

Looking for a set of excellent condition silver Prets to replace the black prets on my brand new R. Could either do a trade, or have cash in hand.
  13. ubermick

FEELER FT: 19" Black Pretorias for 19" Silver Pretorias (SF Bay Area/Norcal)

FEELER FT: 19" Black Pretorias for 19" Silver Pretorias (SF Bay Area/Norcal) This is a little up in the air right now - my brand new R is currently in the shop with a fried ECU (and Christ knows what else) with about 600 miles on it. I'd purchased a set of 19" silver prets elsewhere, but...
  14. ubermick

2019 - looking for a buyback?

Am absolutely crushed by my Golf R. A car that I've been lusting after for a few years, I finally get it and the thing has been a nightmare. Took delivery on August 20 of a brand new indium grey DSG. Drove her home with a grin on my face, but that soon disappeared. 24 hours later, was heading...