GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by txricancarguy

1. T

235/45-R18

It’s apples vs orange with that. My setup is 1/2” wider and therefore the tire will sit differently on it. In addition, having a 14% difference in sidewall height will potentially make it look odd
  2. T

Lowering Springs Install Price?

Not sure I agree with you here. I undo the control arm from knuckle as well as the shock. If the car is in the air and both sides are unbolted, the sway bar is acting on the opposite side of the suspension system and therefore there is little to no tension on the end link.
  3. T

I don't think it's crazy at all. I did two the other day. Over time techniques are developed that make things quicker for us. I did a GTI in about 2 hours and I explained to the guy that there are just things we learn to do quicker... I will spend less than a minute to install a rear control...
  4. T

A look at turbos to come

There’s a dude in Audizine that is doing e-turbos in a RS4. It’s a pretty crazy build. It’s been happening for the past 2 years or so
  5. T

Anyone fitted Bilstein B16 Damptronic Coilovers?

I’m not surprised people find the B16 Damptronic to be too stiff. I run them on a 997 and it’s the exact same thing. When I turn on Sport shock settings on PASM it’s just too stiff… and I’m used to stiff cars as is!
  6. T

235/45-R18

I run 235/45/18 Conti DWS on my 18x8.5 +35 VMRs. Running EMD springs. ZERO rubbing. Ever.
  7. T

Ugh that genuinely sounds like a money grab. I work on a lowered Tiguan with ACC and all the other stuff and it has had zero issues. Same with some of the GTIs that I work on.
  8. T

Recalibrate safety systems? For coilovers?
  9. T

Doing suspension at a dealer paying flat rate should be a job that a tech would want ASAP. The book seems to quote something like over 7 hours to do the work!
  10. T

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

Surely it's been brought up here... but 18x9 +35? Hows the fit on this? I have some Team Dynamic wheels in this size and thinking about either them or some RPF-1 I'd imagine some camber plates would be needed and I'd likely be limited in tire size.. just wanted to hear if it's possible before...
  11. T

FS: 18" VMR V810 Wheels and Tires

I live in Austin. We can talk
  12. T

FS: 18" VMR V810 Wheels and Tires

omg. I was in Houston TODAY. I’m interested
  13. T

COBB Protuners.. Impulse combustion

I have since figured that out. I'm currently running your tune :)
  14. T

EMD Springs - $120 OBO

Great deal. Wish these were around when I was looking a few weeks ago!
  15. T

COBB Protuners.. Impulse combustion

Is it possible to activate on a 15’ Golf R? Protuner was trying to activate it but was simply unable to.