GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by stevenugent1983

1. S

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I took mine to a VW dealer for repair who then reversed it straight into a Tiguan...
  2. S

Golf damaged by VW dealership

Hi Just looking for some advice and wasn't sure where to post. I took my 6 month old Golf GT Edition (which is a motability car, so I don't own it) in to my local VW dealership this morning for a repair (constant extremely loud rattle from near the knee airbag) They rang me an hour later to...
  3. S

How many speakers?

Really basic question. How many speakers does the Golf have as standard? (UK GT edition trim) On the website it isn't clear at all and the dealer has told me he thinks it has 4 as standard... I haven't had a car without tweeters speakers for over 10 years so not sure that can not be true, but...
  4. S

Steering wheel controls

Hi Guys After I went for a test drive I was told the steering wheel can only control the volume and nothing else (media wise) is this true? He said the touchscreen has to be used to change anything else. I would have played during the test drive, but was too busy driving lol. Seems crazy not...
  5. S

Build week to delivery timeframe?

Hi Guys I have my build week confirmed as 25/1/15 But my dealer has said the car won't be ready till around April... is that normal? I thought it was around a month after build (normally)that the car will be ready.
  6. S

December ordering thread

Ordered my Golf GT 1.4 ACT in night blue on the 7th December. Can't wait (although I will have to learn to do so... 16 week wait :( ) I ordered the colour screen at first but decided i twasn't worth the extra money... according to my dealer that added another 2 weeks wait as it reset my order...
  7. S

what's your favorite wheel, post it

I like round ones personally, have found others difficult to drive with.
  8. S

Video playback on the Discover sat nav (6.5 inch)

Is it possible to have video playback while stopped on the Basic satnav (not pro) I will be getting the 2016 Golf with USB instead of MDI.
  9. S

Titanium X (UK trim)

I have ordered my New Golf GT 1.4 ACT in night black (can't wait) But just want reassurance that I have ordered the right car. For a similar price (well it was about a grand more) I could have had a Focus in Tit X trim with loads more toys than the Golf (Bi-Xenons, reversing camera, self...
  10. S

What movie car would you have???

I know it's obvious... but Eleanor from Gone in 60 seconds... I can dream.
  11. S

12 week lead time?

Hi Guys I just ordered my New Golf over the weekend (UK) I have been told it is a 12 week lead time for the car, and that it should be delivered around 31st March... How is that 12 weeks? I can't believe i have to wait that long for my new car, especially considering it isn't even a new Car...
  12. S

Your previous rides......Share it !!

I currently Drive a Citroen DS5. Which is lovely in many ways, but absolute crap in many others. No idea how to upload pictures.
  13. S

Best colour for GT trim?

I know it is subjective, but what (in your opinion) is the best colour? I am considering ordering a Golf in GT trim very soon, but can't decide between the Pacific blue, Night Blue or Carmen Red. The car configuration is crap on the VW website and makes the colors look really odd.
  14. S

What car does your partner drive?

A filthy Peugeot 2008 with several dents (one of them from driving into my stationary Citroen DS5... grrrr) and kids toys filling up the rear footwells. The joys of having two children...
  15. S

Carplay standard? (uk)

Is carplay standard on new cars (UK) or do you have to pay to activate it? Again, my dealer had no idea what carplay was... which is concerning. He also told me that the GT doesn't have ambient lighting and you have to pay extra, and that it was keyless entry as standard... which it isn't.