GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by snowjob

1. S

Killing the drone: Sound deadening with B-Quiet

Hi All, thought Id show a few pics from over the weekend. I daily my R about 40min drive in each direction and the drone of the resonator delete was starting to get a bit much at highway speeds. I decided to try and eliminate it with some sound deadening. I started out with a 50 foot roll...
  2. S

Is my Pendulum Mount broken?

Tech question for the group; I have had a vibration thru the gears at all RPM on my 16 R 6Speed. I thought it was the dogbone mount instert that was cracked, but when i went to have a look and put a prybar on the bolt, the rubber is twisting around the bolt like the top nut has sheered. I could...
  3. S

Leaking Master Cylinder

Need some advice. I installed a Dkm twin disk in nov and went thru the clutch bleeding woes for about 2 weeks till I got it perfect and like butter. Since then about once a month I have had to rebleed the clutch as it starts to get hard to shift gears. I start to hear the g throw out bearing and...
  4. S

My DIY Wooden Shift Knob Instructional

My OEM Golf R shift knob started to peel so I started looking for an alternative. The options out there are nice, but not my style. I really wanted a custom wooden shift knob. After looking around I found someone on a Miata forum https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=601212 that made...