GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by sjgharib

1. S

TSi Start Button replacement?

Thanks - replacement was easy - The issue, at least with my car, was that it seems either the tolerances within the aftermarket switch are not the same as the OEM VW switch, or the way the switch sits in the console is such that it can't be depressed fully. The interesting thing is that the...
  2. S

So in case anyone else experiences this - This is a case of high precision German engineering combined with lower precision crappy aftermarket chinese parts... The start button sits in a hole in the console. The way the hole and the switch are constructed, the button "bottoms out" on the...
  3. S

So it's a weird fault - replaced the switch and everything worked nicely. Until it got cold and sat overnight. It seems like the issue is temperature related... has anyone seen this?
  4. S

Does anyone have an experiences with replacing the start/stop button (near the gear shifter) on push to start Golfs? The button requires signficant force to start the car or even turn on the electrics (when you don't press the brake). So that rules out the brake switch or clutch switch (this...
  5. S

Strut replacement procedures on YouTube etc.

when I saw how rusted my pinch bolts were on the strut attachment, there was no way I was putting them back in. If you're going through the trouble & spending $$$ on springs and struts, ~$50 for hardware isn't terrible. To be exact - my total was $46.25 including shipping from my nearest VW dealer.
  6. S

https://a.co/d/46b21Vp I got this one - it was excellent & worked perfectly. It is all steel and pulled apart the cast iron version on my TSI with little effort.
  7. S

There are lots of videos out there that summarize replacing the struts and sprints on the Mk7 Golf. I realize that following the OEM instructions are best, but watching a video is definitely helpful to see what's involved. My feedback to those contemplating this work - BEWARE of removing the...
  8. S

WTB: DG Springs for 2017 Golf TSi

re New DG springs - All the various vendors show "in stock" but then when you try to buy them, they attempt to order and then get told they are backordered with no ETA. I ordered from 4 different places to get the same result. I even tried places in europe, similar situation. I started...
  9. S

MK7 TSi Spring options

yeah, those are already committed to someone else. I guess if the deal falls through then I'll grab them, but I'm not holding my breath. looking at the tables, there are no published spring rates for the DG's. Seems that H&R OE Sports are closest from a drop standpoint (comparing GTI...
  10. S

MK7 TSi Spring options

So it looks like the DG springs are discontinued, and the ones for sale are spoken for... What's the closest aftermarket equivalent? I also tried to see if anyone has put R springs on a TSi but I haven't found anyone posting their experience...
  11. S

WTB: DG Springs for 2017 Golf TSi

These are apparently hard to find now. Does anyone have a set they want to sell to me? Prefer new or near-new. I can send shipping labels etc. Willing to pay a reasonable amount - up to $250-300 depending on condition etc. Specifically I'm talking about VW PN: 5G4071677E or D Thanks!
  12. S

FS: MK7 Golf 1.8 TSI - OEM Shocks and Driver Gear Sports Springs

I realize this was from a while ago, but ever hopeful - did you sell the springs?
  13. S

MK7 TSi Spring options

Not sure about that - the R rear springs have to be different as they account for the extra rear weight of the diff etc. The corner weights are different all around. I suspect R springs might statically look lower (becuase they're shorter?), but then their stiffness would be too high...
  14. S

MK7 TSi Spring options

I thought that, but then others have said that the change is very minimal, like 15-20mm vs the 20-30mm from the DGs But again, all anecdotal. I would love to see before / after pics of a TSI 5M/T with GTI springs and DG springs vs original...
  15. S

MK7 TSi Spring options

Thanks! I sent him a note. There are lots of threads about springs, but GTI folks start interjecting the changes that occurred on their cars and it completely throws off the data. I just want to make the car look like it's not a Subaru CrossTrek. I already bought the Bilstiens for adjusted...