1. shovelhd

500+ whp GTI

The Diggs24 speedo shot.
  2. shovelhd

MK8 TCR spy photos

And planted.
  3. shovelhd

MK8 TCR spy photos

I can't get over that Charlie Brown grille.
  4. shovelhd

Will a jb4 be a good fit for me?

Occasionally, George will ask for beta testers when he is about to release a new version. I have a used JB4 but his beta test happened while I bought it, so he helped me sort out my initial Map 6. A couple of others here helped me tweak it.
  5. shovelhd

60-100 mph times

Dad needs to weed the driveway
  6. shovelhd

No doubt, a proper tune is probably safer.
  7. shovelhd

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

For 60K: No less than six oil and filter changes at 10K intervals If you have a DSG transmission, one service at 40K Air filter and cabin filter at 30K? Spark plugs at 60K?
  8. shovelhd

Unmarried GTI Accessport. DSG unlocked with extras. Sold!

They sell within days at that price.
  9. shovelhd

Most shoot for e30, so about 4 gallons. Since you only drive 300-500 miles a month, that's a tank to a tank and a half. If you can readily get e85, then I'd target that. A JB4 with an e30 tuned map will get you close, if not up to, a typical Stage 1. If you want to modify your car and void the...
  10. shovelhd

Auto high beam with obdeleven

Camera in the rear view mirror
  11. shovelhd

What comes after the GTI?

I was in the same situation as you, and drove a Jetta Sportwagen. More room, but really only a foot more in usable interior length. Get an SUV for Mom and keep the GTI.
  12. shovelhd

what do u guys think 2017 24k autobahn or 2020 gti s

Agreed. 2018 Autobahn, 11K, 6/72 warranty, MIB 2.5, $25K.
  13. shovelhd

60hp out of a JB4 on pump 91 is pushing it. 93 with e30 at altitude, maybe; at sea level, sure.
  14. shovelhd

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

I recommend you look for better fuel and budget for an intercooler. Even though boost season has started in New England, I'm still getting timing pull on my Map 6 (+8 peak) on the OEM IC. IAT's in the high 50's.