GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by SDGTIfan

1. S

Advice regarding brake pad replacement

I took my 2017 GTI in for 30K service at dealership and they recommended that i change the front brake pad and rotors because it has worn down to 2mm. cost estimate is $750 1) Do i really have to replace the rotors at just 30K miles? i can understand having to replace the pads 2) How much do...
  2. S

Windshield washer fluid for 2017 GTI?

Google search and even VW website shows this https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/windshield-washer-solvent-concentrate-16oz/000096311ckt https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen__GTI/Window-Washer-Fluid---16-OZ/54336968/000096311C.html but I went to my local SD dealer parts...
  3. S

My tires (Hankook ventus noble) lasted only 17000 miles

Typical? 2017 GTI. Never tracked or anything. New car and tires came with it. Discount tires said they are at 4
  4. S

Have to replace my windshield and the glass shop is giving me the run around

A rock hit my car (2017 Autobahn) when I was driving on the freeway and created a big chip on the front windshield. Made an appointment and dropped the car at a reputed glass shop one week ago. The tech calls me back after an hour and tells me they need a specific glass for this model (due to...
  5. S

Curbed my front driver side wheel - options?

When I parallel parked I hit the curb and the driver side front wheel is scratched real bad right along the edge for almost 10 inches. It didn't crack or anything so there is no safety issue I checked with a rim repair guy and he quoted $150. I tried to find official VW replacement rim and...
  6. S

Mileage and oil change questions

I have a new 2017 GTI Autobahn and while its been a fantastic car I am concerned about the mileage I am getting. I am getting around 20~21 MPG only and this is mostly city driving. I would say 65%-35% city/freeway. Is this expected? Its rated at 24MPG for city but I have never gotten anywhere...
  7. S

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I got the car 2 days ago and when I press "voice" it says voice system is paused and is stuck in something called "voice setup examples". how do i exit out of this demo and back to actual voice system so i can activate voice calls etc
  8. S

Should I go with this deal for new 2017 GTI Autobahn DSG?

2017 GTI Autobahn DSG ~31K for everything excluding tax title and registration - 5K of MSRP and I can drive off with the car today in CA The lowest price I could find for autobahn DSG was 29K in VA but with shipping it will be around 30K I will be saving less than 1K and have to wait for the...
  9. S

Out of state 2017 GTI purchase for a CA resident

I am a CA resident and found some great deals on GTIs in Virginia, Boston etc. I am thinking of doing an online buy since I loved my test drive in the GTI 1) Can the 2017 GTIs bought in the east cost pass the emission standards in CA? Does VW make 49 state GTIs that wont pass CA emissions...