GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by rickygolf83

1. R

Dropping sump, clean or replace oil pick up pipe?

I hope so! got the parts ready to go anyway, probably do it next week when i am off work 👍
  2. R

56k on it, fully synthetic used as far as i know... Calling dealer in the morning to order a sump gasket and pick up pipe... might as well replace it the pipe.. was going to go steel sump but i am not lowering this car so wont bother for now. Thanks for reply👍
  3. R

Hi all, My 2015 R due a dealer service in July but i am doing an interim service myself now i am approaching 3k miles of ownership. Planning to drop the sump to inspect and will source a new gasket. I have previously cleaned the pickup pipe / strainer on my 1.8t, would be doing the same on this...
  4. R

Wing foam...

Thanks very much, something i'll definitely look into... doesnt sound like a two minute job though 😁 i'm sure a full write up would be appreciated on here 👍
  5. R

Wing foam...

Thanks, dont suppose you took any pics of the job? 🙂 part number for the 7.5 panel? Solution sounds promising 👍
  6. R

Wing foam...

Took my front wheels to get tyres fitted today (eliminates any jacking dramas at a garage) and before i put them back on thought best to drop the arch liners and investigate/clean behind... Greeted with loads of mud (as expected) but gathered around a large foam insert going into the wing/door...