GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ReadTheBook

1. ReadTheBook

Mobil 1 Rebate

Why would you try HD? Walmart is the best possible option. It’s the only thing i ever go there for @ $22/5L... I ordered online this time given the current situation and it is free shipping.
  2. ReadTheBook

Mobil 1 Rebate

Oh shit, good call. I’ll have to wait until we are open again. I’ve been working from home for a month already. Shit is out of hand. Thankful I live where I do because my state and local govt has been handling this as well as they can IMO.
  3. ReadTheBook

Mobil 1 Rebate

Damn, not 4 per household like last year, eh?
  4. ReadTheBook

Engine tick at idel

It did work for me when I ordered it BTW.
  5. ReadTheBook

Engine tick at idel

I still haven’t been able to get my “scientific” Cerma results up. Sorry.
  6. ReadTheBook

DSG Shifter Cap Replacements - OEM+ look for cheap

Been fine. I also ended up buying real carbon fiber covers off AliExpress for the sides and stuck them on there with E6000 craft adhesive because the super thin 3M stuff that came on them was garbage and they fell off in a couple days.
  7. ReadTheBook

Tapping

Latest I heard as of last night is only about 1/3 of the people in the US are under lockdowns. It's not enough and many people simply choose to ignore it. Speaking to friends in SC, FL, MS, MO, GA, in the last few days it's like nothing is happening there. Need to halt air travel other than for...
  8. ReadTheBook

Tapping

We did only the “before” recordings. Then I drove the car. My buddy was supposed to come back the following weekend and do the “after” recording. That didn’t happen.
  9. ReadTheBook

Tapping

Jim, The US hasn’t been testing and we rejected tests from elsewhere from the getgo because the Govt and CDC decided to “make our own” and decided to do that far, far, too late. That 7k number is pure bullshit. I know multiple people here in the Bay Area with great insurance, lots of resources...
  10. ReadTheBook

Tapping

Nope... we are on statewide lockdown and you should be too. Postponed until further notice. Take this pandemic seriously. Based on doubling rate mathematics and the US Govt’s failure to test, we already very likely have 2m people infected in the US...
  11. ReadTheBook

Brake system stretch bolts

Yeah me either.
  12. ReadTheBook

Sticker-less Sun Visor PN

I‘m fairly certain at the beginning he directly ripped off OaklandGTI. I recall speaking to him directly about it. Fairly certain he posted here or on Vortex about it. In either case, whether they took the exact design and just recreated it as you said or directly ripped it off, it’s a shitty...
  13. ReadTheBook

Sticker-less Sun Visor PN

I posted this in Anotero's previous thread about these visor labels: PS I too tried Acetone after chatting with Sprinks years back, didn't work for me at all either.
  14. ReadTheBook

Clubsport S muffler

I got one used from @SonicBloom a few months back to put on my DSG with stock DP. Love everything about it. Perfect for me as a nearly 40 year old with a 3 year old I transport to/from daycare every day, and loud enough (to me) when I get on it.
  15. ReadTheBook

Tapping

Okay, update... I had my buddy record a cold start from startup to the point where the RPMs dropped to standard idle on Sunday morning. I also did a few revs which I will try my best to match with length and RPM. I did the Cerma treatment in my car this morning. I did 2500 RPM idle for a few...