GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ReadTheBook

1. ReadTheBook

Alltrack/GSW folks without sunroofs, have you leaked like this?

So since posting this on May 30, after nearly two months, here we are! Quick and dirty: I rejected it upon first pickup attempt. I took it back after the second attempt when I found some more misaligned stuff and dirty fingerprints on the tan interior. After that pickup, It went back again...
  2. ReadTheBook

So something is trying to get me to leave VW but i keep fighting back,

Having similar issues with a headliner reinstall after a leak in our no-sunroof Alltrack at 600 miles new. They’re just dropping the ball left and right on the reassembly of the interior. This is my trusted dealer and they usually do good work, but I’m at my wits end right now.
  3. ReadTheBook

The Wife’s Alltrack

I got them from e-acca.com. Took a while because of coronavirus. They are just for looks, maybe abit of aerodynamics. They come standard on the Gaol R Variant (wagon) in Europe. There are knock offs on eBay and AliExpress and such, but I went for genuine.
  4. ReadTheBook

The Wife’s Alltrack

So, the roof leaked. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/alltrack-gsw-folks-without-sunroofs-have-you-leaked-like-this.374812/page-2#post-7454814 Dealer said it came from the wiring grommet/conduits that go between the body of the car and the hatch lid. After a whopping 16 days...
  5. ReadTheBook

VW Center Cap for OZ Wheels

Will do. Just haven’t received them yet.
  6. ReadTheBook

I have what I like to think is a good relationship with both the service director and my service advisor there. They got an email and I trust that the car will be reassembled correctly and the fingerprints rectified. They know I’ll be on the phone with VWOA in a heartbeat if not, especially on...
  7. ReadTheBook

They are blaming the conduits for the tailgate wiring harnesses at the top of the tailgate as the ingress point in our case. Just went to pick it up today and was in no way satisfied with the headliner install. Dirty fingerprints all over the tan A/B/C pillars and headliner. Things just out...
  8. ReadTheBook

Failed Thermostat Housing/Coolant Loss Info Gathering

Yeah pull the belly pan and spot it yourself. If it looks like they cleaned off corrosion, call them on their bullshit.
  9. ReadTheBook

Where DO I Install This Part??

good thing I sent him more than 1 ;)
  10. ReadTheBook

i know. I can’t make them fix something that they claim they can’t find, but I can make it leak again and prove it to them.
  11. ReadTheBook

Where DO I Install This Part??

I have some spare o-rings, but they aren’t viton iirc. I sent you a PM
  12. ReadTheBook

So the dealer leak testing revealed no evidence of leaks... doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies. They are going to replace the headliner and think it could have been from tinting, as do I as I previously said in this thread. I’ll let them replace the headliner and I’ll do some of my own testing at...
  13. ReadTheBook

Yeah. It’s already Into the dealership I trust to fix it. I don’t trust the dealer I bought it at from a service standpoint as far as I can spit due to a previous experience where they both falsified information in my paperwork and later damaged my car.
  14. ReadTheBook

My understanding of the drain thing was that they remove the flaps, not install new ones.