GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by porusski

1. P

Base MSRP increased on VW website.

The 4-door used to be for $24,995 I believe, and now it is $25,385. Anyone know why this is? Inflation?
  2. P

Reliability? GTI vs. TDI vs. 1.8T

I really wanted the GTI. But which is the most reliable? Can I still have fun in the TDI? I've heard the GTI has been built to be more reliable because of how it is expected it will be driven hard on, while the TDI will be more reliable because it is diesel, but this article right here states...
  3. P

Purchase today or wait for the 2016 model?

I know I can also wait for the 2016's and get the 2015's for cheaper, because technically I'm not in a rush to get the car. Anything possibly new (minor refinements?) we can expect in the 2016? Thanks everyone :)
  4. P

TrueCar, how do I get the price that is listed?

I am considering using TrueCar because the dealer does not want to drop down on the pricing. If I use TrueCar, will they really sell the car for what is listed on TrueCar? Or will I arrive and have them tell me "We can't do this price."?
  5. P

$500 off invoice, is that a good price? [SoCal]

So I've negotiated with the dealer twice (over a span of a few days) and they say $500 below invoice is the rock bottom they will do. They say if you get a lower price at another dealer, then go ahead and buy it from them. I really wanted $1500 under invoice which is what I was asking. "This is...
  6. P

(Break-in/Run-in) "Accidentally" floored a GTI during the test drive... is that bad?

(Break-in/Run-in) "Accidentally" floored a GTI during the test drive... is that bad? I promised myself to not floor it... But entering the freeway my brain decided to do it and redline it. I am seriously considering that car but did I SOMEHOW possibly affect the reliability in the long-term? I...