GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by PontyB

1. P

City Auto Braking problem?

My car slammed on this morning when a crisp packet blew in front of us. My understanding was this only operated in "City" conditions, ie low speed. Given I was doing 40mphish at the time it came as one heck of a shock. Has anyone else had this, ie is it a fault operating at that speed or am I...
  2. P

VW recalling 2.6 million cars worldwide

Just spotted this on Sky News, hoping it doesn't apply to Golf 7. http://news.sky.com/story/1168639/vw-recalls-2-6m-cars-worldwide-over-faults
  3. P

Sat Nav Auto Zoom

Quick question folks.... When I put in a new postcode etc to the standard VW Sat Nav unit on the Golf 7 GT (ie not the Pro) the map auto zooms in and out at junctions etc. and has a little magnifying glass icon with an "A" in it to show the auto zoom active. If I manually change the zoom (when...
  4. P

Warning lights

Driving back from Kent yesterday when orange engine warning light came on, pulled in to a parking bay and got the old handbook out only to find the "engine block" image can mean one of a number of issues. Rang my nearest home dealers who are not allowed to tell you if you can keep driving it or...
  5. P

Daytime running lights & indicators

Hi all, New Golf 7 GT Diesel owner, 3 weeks since it arrived and still running in but delighted so far and averaging mid 60mpg so far (first 1000 miles). Driving behind a car with highly reflective boot other day and noted that if I indicate right, the right Daytime Running Light switches off...