GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ommoran

1. ommoran

What did you do to your mk7 today?

R and eGolf. Mine is an Autobahn with leather delete for cloth. Has Nav as well as the Android auto /crapple carplay. Has the front diff. Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
  2. ommoran

Apparently the first. I don't have to look envious at all the Goddamned Golf Rs around here. They are like Camrys lol. That said I wouldn't take an R anyway. I put 85k km on my GTI in 2.5 years. Creature comforts matter. No sunroof or console armrest/adjustability in the R meant it was a no go...
  3. ommoran

It is the Dark Iron Blue indeed. When I first saw it before any dealer prep, with the white protection sheets on it, in full sun... It looked grey to me too! Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
  4. ommoran

Traded it! On a Mk7.5 2018!!!! Went from white to the new blue, and from leather to cloth. Apparently a "launch" car, one of 4 in the province. Never saw the showroom. Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
  5. ommoran

'15 GTI Black Screen / SD Card Issues

Hi, Canadian MK VII GTI w/PP. Recently on start, the infotainment screen is black, and I have to press the power to get it to come on - and it goes through a reboot cycle to do so. That means no back-up camera on start, which is frustrating. And then, once the cam is on and the...
  6. ommoran

WTB (and Advice) - Ski Rack

I have the VW OEM bars for my GTI. I'm looking to purchase (preferably used) a ski rack for the rails. Ideally, I'm looking at a Yakima Fatcat 6 followed by the Thule Snowpack 6. Are there any other recommendations? Also - anyone selling either of these? I've tried Amazon, but none of the...
  7. ommoran

WTB (and Advice) - Ski Rack

I have the VW OEM bars for my GTI. I'm looking to purchase (preferably used) a ski rack for the rails. Ideally, I'm looking at a Yakima Fatcat 6 followed by the Thule Snowpack 6. Are there any other recommendations? Also - anyone selling either of these? I've tried Amazon, but none of the...
  8. ommoran

Deleting a phone quick dial

Hi everyone, How would one go about deleting one of the quick dials (the four buttons when you hit "Phone") that you have stored? Gotta toast the ex-gf.
  9. ommoran

Is it useless?

A friend of mine sent me this photo, which completely proves the statement above. Look closely at the buttress on the right, about half way down. Yup. That's an "N" sticker on a matte grey Aventador. It looks, at least, like it's facing the right way... No worries, considering that every...
  10. ommoran

For Car Care OCD folks - between hand washes?

Ok all you car care OCD people. I was originally going to post this for 35+ folks that have to juggle their time, but every one has choices to make with their time... so here's my poll. I just want to know how long you go between hand washes, and what you do if you haven't the time to hand...
  11. ommoran

I had to drive to Penticton BC for a conference. Took the Coquihalla on the way up (woohoo, updated the speed limit to 120km/h / 75mph - fastest I've seen in all my years in Canada...) but took the Crowsnest Highway back; that was always my intent, but the Coquihalla was apparently closed for a...
  12. ommoran

Ringtone

I've seen a couple of folks mention that their phones ringtone is what rings through the infotainment system when the phone rings. I would like to set that up -had it on myfordtouch and it was great. Any ideas how to set it?
  13. ommoran

Oh, you know. Drove it around and crap. :D
  14. ommoran

Vancouver - soon to be Mk 7 GTI owner

44. And my girlfriend can't wait to drive it - she lives in another province, and it's only a matter of time... Per your pic request.... If you are around Production Way, you are near my place. I live across the street from Burnaby Mountain Golf Course. And no, I find I use the Sport...
  15. ommoran

Finally managed to get about 32mpg out of her... all highway. Also bought a pair of bike racks for my carrier bars - $75 from e-bay!